+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Mateen_aka said:
Thanks Amina. Just a heads up, Pakistan visa offices does not accept passports delivered via courier. Applicant or authorized representative has to deliver the passport directly to the visa centre before they can process it.

To: mateen-kazemi@hotmail.ca
Subject: RE: Question about retrieving Passport
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 08:13:55 +0500

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the Canadian Visa information services team.

Please note that we do not accept documents/passports through courier services.

Hope this helps you, feel free to contact us for further information

Best Regards,

Canada Visa Information Team

www.cic.gc.ca

www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan

Even then they ask that the applicant or someone with close relations has to pick up the passport once completed (Spouse, brother, sister, parents).

Sent: December-31-15 12:44:09 AM
To: mateen-kazemi@hotmail.ca

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the Canadian Visa information services team.

Please note that only spouse, parent or child over the age of 18 can collect the passport on applicants behalf.Kindly note the procedure as mentioned below

Procedure for Collection of Processed Applications/Passports

Effective 1 July 2014, applications received at CIC VAC from the Canadian High Commission can only be collected by the applicant or an immediate family member (spouse, parent or child over the age of 18).

Applications collected by Applicants

Applications can be collected personally by the applicant upon providing the following information:

1. VAC Original ICR receipt
2. A copy of valid CNIC of the applicant

Note: For applicants under the age of 18, a copy of a FRC (Family Registration Certificate) or Birth Certificate or B- Form must be presented, along with the signed consent of both parents and an original and copy of their valid CNIC.

Applications collected by an immediate family member

for applications collected by an immediate family member (spouse, parent or child only), the following information is required:

1. VAC Original ICR receipt
2. Original & a copy of valid CNIC of the applicant
3. Original & a copy of valid CNIC of immediate family member (spouse , parent or child only)
4. An authority letter in the name of the family member (spouse, parent or child only) bearing applicant’s signatures

Hope this helps you, feel free to contact us for further information

Best Regards,

Canada Visa Information Team

www.cic.gc.ca

www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan

I have emailed them asking if they send the passport via courier once processing has been completed but I haven't got a replied yet. I'll keep you guys posted.
i know they mentioned not to send any personal info to the emails. just wondering can you email them regarding the status of your passport?

Nazeef

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
14-Apr-2015
Med's Request
re med req 10th Dec 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 13-Dec-2014
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon in sha Allah
LANDED..........
soon in sha Allah
Googlehead said:
no one can tell exactly when they will, but i think if its your 2nd med you should be able to get ppr very soon
This was my 2nd med
1st med 13 Dec 2014
On 10th Dec 2015 NDVO asked for second one
It's done on 15 and uploaded 17 Dec 2015 by IOM clinic

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23 JAN, 2014; SA: 27 JAN 2015.
File Transfer...
AOR2: MARCH 3, 2015. INPROCESS: 04 SEP 2015. ADR: SAME DATE AS INPROCESS ASKED FOR PCC
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18 FEB, 2015. MEDICAL PASSED / RECEIVED GCMS
Interview........
WAVIED / PASS RECOMMENDED GCMS
Passport Req..
DM: 13 DEC 2015 (101 DAYS FROM IP TO DM); PPR 14 DEC 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DONE - SENT TO ISLAMABAD; DISPATCHED 06 JAN 2016
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Googlehead said:
Hi Mateen what kind of authorization letter did they ask for?
It's just a simple letter letting them know that I'll be sending a relative rather then applicant or myself to the visa office. The letter states that my wife gives full authorization for he or she to submit and receive the passport once completed.

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
AOR2: MARCH 3, 2015. INPROCESS: 04 SEP 2015. ADR: SAME DATE AS INPROCESS ASKED FOR PCC
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Googlehead said:
i know they mentioned not to send any personal info to the emails. just wondering can you email them regarding the status of your passport?
Once you submit the passport to the visa office, you have a option to pay for a passport transmission fee (1319.00 PKR) + service fee (160.00 PKR) which allows you to check the status of your application via http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/track_your_application.html. I hope this help!

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Mateen_aka said:
It's just a simple letter letting them know that I'll be sending a relative rather then applicant or myself to the visa office. The letter states that my wife gives full authorization for he or she to submit and receive the passport once completed.
oh you meant to say Use of a Representative IMM 5476 form "IF YOU WANT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO COLLECT THE PASSPORT". sorry was confused with your explanation

Amina.M

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
AOR Received.
05-august-2015
File Transfer...
31-august-2015
Med's Request
2 June - 2016 - Remed Done June 4 2016
Med's Done....
27-may-2015
Interview........
Waived--
Passport Req..
November 29, 2016
Gulmora said:
Getting a post box is a good idea but everything they do through email. Even though my husband in afg didnt need it as everything was emailed to me and any documents New delhi visa office needed they would email him.

Hi Gulmora

Thats exactly what I thought , They go through email process. But I am concerned about the later stage . For example. When they tell you to submit your passport . They see your address right? I have put my address in Canada as his Address . because in kabul address is not accurate they don't ever get mail. My question is will they know automatically to ask him to submit his passport to pakistan. Do They give you a location to submit your passport based on your address.. If this is the case then they will ask him to submit his passport in Ottawa because I have put a canadian address.

I am not sure if its advisable to get a PO BOX in kabul

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Googlehead said:
oh you meant to say Use of a Representative IMM 5476 form "IF YOU WANT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO COLLECT THE PASSPORT". sorry was confused with your explanation
Hi Googlehead,

I did not use IMM 5476 when it comes to submitting or picking up the passport after they stamp for visa. IMM 5476 is completely different form used to let citizenship and immigration Canada know that you are using a immigration lawyer or professional to act on your behave. This form is not used to authorized someone for submitting and picking up the passport. As my previous post state's you can authorize anyone to submit the passport but once time has reached to pick up the applicant's passport, it's either you or the applicant or someone with close relations that can pick up the passport.

"A representative is someone who has provided advice or guidance to you at any stage of the application process, whether that person received consideration (i.e. compensation) or not. Following the submission of your application, that person may conduct business on your behalf with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) if you appoint them as your representative by filling out this form. The preceding includes Express Entry submissions. You may have one representative only per application. If you appoint an additional representative, the previous representative will no longer be authorized to conduct business on your behalf and receive information on your case file."

- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

The sample letter I wrote was like this.

December 17, 2015

Canada Visa Application Centre
14-B Sadiq Plaza,
G-9 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan

Dear to whom it may concern,
I, X (Persian name) (applicant), daughter of Y (Persian name) undersigned hereby authorize ______________ (______________) to submit and collect my passport and other documents from the visa office stated above on my behave

Yours truly,

X (applicant)

I hope this is more clearer for you. If not let me know!

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Amina.M said:
Hi Gulmora

Thats exactly what I thought , They go through email process. But I am concerned about the later stage . For example. When they tell you to submit your passport . They see your address right? I have put my address in Canada as his Address . because in kabul address is not accurate they don't ever get mail. My question is will they know automatically to ask him to submit his passport to pakistan. Do They give you a location to submit your passport based on your address.. If this is the case then they will ask him to submit his passport in Ottawa because I have put a canadian address.

i havent heard of someone submitting the passport to Ottawa unless he is inland and living in Canada.

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Mateen_aka said:
Hi Googlehead,

I did not use IMM 5476 when it comes to submitting or picking up the passport after they stamp for visa. IMM 5476 is completely different form used to let citizenship and immigration Canada know that you are using a immigration lawyer or professional to act on your behave. This form is not used to authorized someone for submitting and picking up the passport. As my previous post state's you can authorize anyone to submit the passport but once time has reached to pick up the applicant's passport, it's either you or the applicant or someone with close relations that can pick up the passport.

"A representative is someone who has provided advice or guidance to you at any stage of the application process, whether that person received consideration (i.e. compensation) or not. Following the submission of your application, that person may conduct business on your behalf with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) if you appoint them as your representative by filling out this form. The preceding includes Express Entry submissions. You may have one representative only per application. If you appoint an additional representative, the previous representative will no longer be authorized to conduct business on your behalf and receive information on your case file."

- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

The sample letter I wrote was like this.

December 17, 2015

Canada Visa Application Centre
14-B Sadiq Plaza,
G-9 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan

Dear to whom it may concern,
I, X (Persian name) (applicant), daughter of Y (Persian name) undersigned hereby authorize ______________ (______________) to submit and collect my passport and other documents from the visa office stated above on my behave

Yours truly,

X (applicant)

I hope this is more clearer for you. If not let me know!
hmmm Conflicting information!! so you may want to go http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/faqs.html

Can someone else submit the application on my behalf?

You may appoint a representative to deposit your application on your behalf. To do so please complete the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form.

sarah jan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Amina.M said:
Hi Gulmora

Hi Amina
CIC already know where your husband is, that address you put for his is just a piece of info nothing else cause everything is done through emails even, as for submitting the passport your husband will get and email to send his passort to pakistan cuase they know you are applying for your husband who is in Afghanistan
No need to worry u don't need a po bosx, and any confusion u get you can always send them an email to correct the info
All the best

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Googlehead said:
hmmm Conflicting information!! so you may want to go http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/faqs.html

Can someone else submit the application on my behalf?

You may appoint a representative to deposit your application on your behalf. To do so please complete the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form.
This is really strange I didn't fill out IMM 5476 when I sent my relative to the visa office and even they didn't requested it. I was going with what was written in the email they sent me regarding authorizing someone. But if you feel that it's necessary then there's no harm in doing both authorization letter and IMM 5476. All the best!

Amina.M

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
AOR Received.
05-august-2015
File Transfer...
31-august-2015
Med's Request
2 June - 2016 - Remed Done June 4 2016
Med's Done....
27-may-2015
Interview........
Waived--
Passport Req..
November 29, 2016

Tashakor Sarah Jaan :D

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Mateen_aka said:
This is really strange I didn't fill out IMM 5476 when I sent my relative to the visa office and even they didn't requested it. I was going with what was written in the email they sent me regarding authorizing someone. But if you feel that it's necessary then there's no harm in doing both authorization letter and IMM 5476. All the best!
would you trust the helpline for VFS +92-51-8439344 to find out the status of the application, when you call automated message says not to provide personal information and if its miss used they are not responsible for it. makes me not to trust them lol

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Googlehead said:
would you trust the helpline for VFS +92-51-8439344 to find out the status of the application, when you call automated message says not to provide personal information and if its miss used they are not responsible for it. makes me not to trust them lol
Yeah you're right. I'm not sure what to do to check the status of my application. The online tracking information gives very little description like;

Visa application, tracking ID No. ________________ – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ISLAMABAD, on 06/01/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

The key word here is processed passport, do you think it's ready for pick up? I sent them a email regarding this issue. By the way what is your timeline?

Googlehead

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Mateen_aka said:
Yeah you're right. I'm not sure what to do to check the status of my application. The online tracking information gives very little description like;

Visa application, tracking ID No. ________________ – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ISLAMABAD, on 06/01/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

The key word here is processed passport, do you think it's ready for pick up? I sent them a email regarding this issue. By the way what is your timeline?
i dont think its ready for pick up, as they will contact you once its ready to collect it. and you are right they give very little info online so you have no choice but to call the customer service and provide your DOB and tracking# - i think tracking# or date of birth should be ok thats all they need to give you the status they actually explain more of when you can expect to hear back from them plus they written on the receipt to contact them over that # or email mentioned. i am July 2014 applicant.