+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

sadafh

Star Member
Apr 1, 2013
AFG_HR said:
Salaam Sadafh:
I have been in contact with my MP regularly and in September she told me that my case has been assigned to an officer. On the other hand, she emphasized that I should accept that the timeline of Islamabad is applied to my case not Delhi which is weird. However, I have no idea what is going on in Delhi cases which are sent in 2014 are finalized, but our cases are still in the review.
Salam,

When my MP made an inquiry for me, in August, he also told me that my husband's file was assigned to an officer. So inshallah you should hear something soon bakhair:)

mozhda

Dec 8, 2014
Hello,

I'm very new to this Forum and I'm trying to get a hang of this lol. Hopefully, I will be able to get some answers regarding my own personal sponsorship case.
I have just submitted my husband's sponsorship application a couple days ago. My wedding was held this past June in Afghanistan and I have filled out all the necessary forms. This includes my husband's medical papers, the nikkah khat and all the other things.
My question is regarding that I'm a full time university student and I will be graduating this upcoming April which means I work very minimal hours on a weekly basis. Will this affect my sponsorship process in any shape or form? Once I finish I will obviously work more.
I have also consulted someone who helped me with my papers and he told me that my case will be processed from India.
Can someone tell me their experience of sponsoring their husband from Afghanistan and who was also a student at the time of the application?

Thank you
Mozhda

AFG_HR

Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 07, 2013
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
February 11, 2013
File Transfer...
From Islamabad to New Delhi March 06,2014
Med's Request
December 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 28, 2014
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
I hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshullah soon
LANDED..........
very soon Inshulla
mozhda said:
Hello,

I'm very new to this Forum and I'm trying to get a hang of this lol. Hopefully, I will be able to get some answers regarding my own personal sponsorship case.
I have just submitted my husband's sponsorship application a couple days ago. My wedding was held this past June in Afghanistan and I have filled out all the necessary forms. This includes my husband's medical papers, the nikkah khat and all the other things.
My question is regarding that I'm a full time university student and I will be graduating this upcoming April which means I work very minimal hours on a weekly basis. Will this affect my sponsorship process in any shape or form? Once I finish I will obviously work more.
I have also consulted someone who helped me with my papers and he told me that my case will be processed from India.
Can someone tell me their experience of sponsoring their husband from Afghanistan and who was also a student at the time of the application?

Thank you
Mozhda
First of all, welcome to the forum. Actually, I was a student and now I am a student as well when I applied for my wife sponsorship. In fact, it does not have any effect on the application because you have the right to sponsor your spouse or common law partner without any circumstances, so feel free and relaxed. On the other hand, you guys are so lucky because Indian timeline applied to your application which is only 13 months. Our applications have been sent to India, but still Islamabad timeline applied to them which is weird. I hope that this answer is legitimate to you. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

mozhda

Dec 8, 2014
AFG_HR said:
First of all, welcome to the forum. Actually, I was a student and now I am a student as well when I applied for my wife sponsorship. In fact, it does not have any effect on the application because you have the right to sponsor your spouse or common law partner without any circumstances, so feel free and relaxed. On the other hand, you guys are so lucky because Indian timeline applied to your application which is only 13 months. Our applications have been sent to India, but still Islamabad timeline applied to them which is weird. I hope that this answer is legitimate to you. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
This definitely answered the bulk of my questions. Thank you so much :) :)
I have also heard on numerous occasions that men face harsher rules compared to women? Does that bare any truth?
Also, it's weird but I feel so unfamiliar and somehow distant to the topic of sponsorship. Hopefully this feeling will get better over time lol. Have you guys felt this way too when you first started this process?
So, since my case is going to be processed in Indian does this mean my husband will be in Canada within the next year?

AFG_HR

Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 07, 2013
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
February 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
December 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 28, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
I hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshullah soon
LANDED..........
very soon Inshulla
mozhda said:
This definitely answered the bulk of my questions. Thank you so much :) :)
I have also heard on numerous occasions that men face harsher rules compared to women? Does that bare any truth?
Also, it's weird but I feel so unfamiliar and somehow distant to the topic of sponsorship. Hopefully this feeling will get better over time lol. Have you guys felt this way too when you first started this process?
So, since my case is going to be processed in Indian does this mean my husband will be in Canada within the next year?
I am glad that this helped you. In some degree men needs accurate background check than woman, so it takes a little bit longer than a woman. I really feel bad even I am a student I can't focus in my studies because I really miss my wife and it is very harsh when you think of 33 months of process. However, I told you that you are so lucky that Inshullah you husband will join you in one year while most of us from 2012-2013 do wait for a long period of time. :-\ :-X :-[

sadafN

Apr 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-14-13
File Transfer...
03-23-2014 from Islamabad to New Dehli
Med's Request
Remed done 09/04/2014
Med's Done....
02-14-13
Interview........
Wived
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
AFG_HR said:
I am glad that this helped you. In some degree men needs accurate background check than woman, so it takes a little bit longer than a woman. I really feel bad even I am a student I can't focus in my studies because I really miss my wife and it is very harsh when you think of 33 months of process. However, I told you that you are so lucky that Inshullah you husband will join you in one year while most of us from 2012-2013 do wait for a long period of time. :-\ :-X :-[
Wow my time line is really close to you afghan HR !
Any updates ? News?

AFG_HR

Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 07, 2013
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
February 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
December 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 28, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
I hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshullah soon
LANDED..........
very soon Inshulla
sadafN said:
Wow my time line is really close to you afghan HR !
Any updates ? News?
Yeah sadafN, our time line is the same, but my medical has been expired ten months ago, I have received nothing from them. I talk to my MP and she told me that she is going to give me updated information after new year, so I will be able to share if there is any update. What about yours sadfN?

sadafN

Apr 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-14-13
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Remed done 09/04/2014
Med's Done....
02-14-13
Interview........
Wived
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
AFG_HR said:
Yeah sadafN, our time line is the same, but my medical has been expired ten months ago, I have received nothing from them. I talk to my MP and she told me that she is going to give me updated information after new year, so I will be able to share if there is any update. What about yours sadfN?
Oh ok! My husband got his remadical on spt 4th and our status in process for past 3 months nothing yet ! I had my notes a few weeks ago everything showed approved and done ! Don't know how long and what's next

Peerzad

Aug 28, 2008
VanCity BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-24-2014
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Processs Dec 4th 2014
LANDED..........
God knows when
;D ;D ;D ;D OMg OMg! Finally got good news, Finally its in Process, " We started processing your application on December 4th 2014".

AFG_HR

Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 07, 2013
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
February 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
December 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 28, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
I hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshullah soon
LANDED..........
very soon Inshulla
sadafN said:
Oh ok! My husband got his remadical on spt 4th and our status in process for past 3 months nothing yet ! I had my notes a few weeks ago everything showed approved and done ! Don't know how long and what's next
Good that everything is approved it means that soon you will get PPR. My status has been changed to process in August and I have not received anything from them. Anyway, lets hope for the best!! ;D ;D

AFG_HR

Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 07, 2013
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
February 11, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
December 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 28, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
I hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshullah soon
LANDED..........
very soon Inshulla
Peerzad said:
;D ;D ;D ;D OMg OMg! Finally got good news, Finally its in Process, " We started processing your application on December 4th 2014".
Congratulation, but my status has been changed in August and nothing happen yet. I wish you that you will get something soon. :p :p

sadafN

Apr 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-14-13
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Remed done 09/04/2014
Med's Done....
02-14-13
Interview........
Wived
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Peerzad said:
Congrats good sign !

Arman.dunya

Jun 21, 2014
Dear Friends,

Could you please give me an advice, My wife is sponsoring me and we sent our application on 20-Sept-2012 and it arrived in New Delhi on 30-Oct-2012 since that time its under process I have done my second medical on, 25-Oct-2014, still they did not request my passport for visa issuance, when we get in touch our MP in Toronto he said they are started your application's last review, its not clear when they will request for passport.

I really need urgent reply please seniors advice me.

Thanks