+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit of support from friend

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Hello everyone,

I want to submit my application for a study permit in one week. I have a friend who have investments enough to cover my tuition and expenses and will be giving me a support letter. I recently sold my motor vehicle to gather $6000 can as well as some before to total $8800. I want to apply for a work permit for my husband and visitors visas for my two kids. I am worried about the recent lodgement that I made to my account as well as the support is coming from a friend and not family. Also will applying for a work permit for my husband affect my chances because I am using support? Should I leave them off and then apply later if I am successful. I would really appreaciate some good advice.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Well there is a lot of issues you have raised. The crux of your situation is you dont personally have sufficient financial resources, affidavits are a waste of time, if you apply with your family it will seriously weaken your home ties situation. But you know all this and you also know your app will be declined because of this. So the question is why are you asking? You already know all the answers.

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Thanks for your response gm2011,

It was rather harsh to hear your response, kinda burst my bubbles, its not that I know the answers its just that every situation is different. Well are you saying that if I friend wants to support me VO don't recognize that, its a waste? Well I was not going to take the kids, they will be staying. Its just that I was thinking that Canada is all about family. Well do you have any other good advice instead of just bashing it. I could do well with some good advice now because I have put a lot of time and effort in this already. Listen my tuition is only $4400 for a diploma in Business Administration in Manitoba so its not really a lot compared to the other provinces.