Affidavit for student? need suggestions

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
Can someone advise me what points to write in the affidavit from the student for the study visa to the VO.
I only include the few points right now as
1- I will be abided by the rules and regulations of the Canada.
2- My parents will be sponsoring my whole education in Canada.
3- I will leave Canada during my legal status granted to me by the authorities.

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For #2 - your parents should provide this affidavit - not you.

I don't think there's any point in doing #1 or #3. It might make it seem like you're trying too hard. Affidavits can't be enforced - so there's no real benefit in stating this in an affidavit - it's meaningless. If you want to say these things, say them in your SOP.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
scylla said:
For #2 - your parents should provide this affidavit - not you.

I don't think there's any point in doing #1 or #3. It might make it seem like you're trying too hard. Affidavits can't be enforced - so there's no real benefit in stating this in an affidavit - it's meaningless. If you want to say these things, say them in your SOP.
I think you are right, only my father should attach his affidavit and I should explain my points in my SOP. :)

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talhaixlam said:
Can someone advise me what points to write in the affidavit from the student for the study visa to the VO.
I only include the few points right now as
1- I will be abided by the rules and regulations of the Canada.
2- My parents will be sponsoring my whole education in Canada.
3- I will leave Canada during my legal status granted to me by the authorities.

Thanks in advance!
yes affidavit should be given by your sponsor not you. another thing you should know is affidavit on stamp paper is valid for only in the country where your sponsor signed it, if you get visa and your sponsor do not give you money mentioned in the affidavit, there is no rule to claim money from him from canada by you or government of canada, so affidavit is only formality not surety of visa

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
aman666 said:
yes affidavit should be given by your sponsor not you. another thing you should know is affidavit on stamp paper is valid for only in the country where your sponsor signed it, if you get visa and your sponsor do not give you money mentioned in the affidavit, there is no rule to claim money from him from canada by you or government of canada, so affidavit is only formality not surety of visa
Thanks, that was quite helpful information.

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
hello
I am applying from Pakistan for PhD and my father is sponsoring me but he lives and works in Kuwait. Do an affidavit on simple A4 paper in printed from signed by the embassy of Pakistan suffice or he should write it on any specific legal paper then signed from embassy?

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request