+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit for document translation

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi,
Does the affidavit have to be an individual, separate paper? Is it ok that the affidavit is in the form of a stamp on the paper of translation? This stamp has sentences like "this translated version is hereby fairly closed to the meaning of the attached original", and it will be done in front of a notary public at the courthouse.

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,
Does the affidavit have to be an individual, separate paper? Is it ok that the affidavit is in the form of a stamp on the paper of translation? This stamp has sentences like "this translated version is hereby fairly closed to the meaning of the attached original", and it will be done in front of a notary public at the courthouse.

Thanks
The stamp should work as long as it is certified by the translator. Also, I have seen translators adding a line at the bottom of the translation, stating the text required in the affidavit and then signing it.

Reactions: vivosvoco

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
The stamp should work as long as it is certified by the translator. Also, I have seen translators adding a line at the bottom of the translation, stating the text required in the affidavit and then signing it.
Thanks.
The stamp does include the text seen in the affidavit. Also, the notary public in the country that I live now is obligated by law to compare the original text and the translation, and then will stamp and sign to attest the accuracy. This does not seem to be required by IRCC, but probably adds an extra layer of credibility...