+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affect of change of Marital status on PRC

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi,
A neice of mine and her husband became landed immigrant in Manitoba ( under provincial nominee program ) April this year. She was the principal applicant when they applied for the immigration. They lived in Canada ( Winnipeg ) only for about four months. Unfortunately they had a separation last month and had a legal divorce in Pakistan . Both of them are now out of Canada. Their marriage lasted about three years.

Now my neice has asked me for guidance : She thinks she needs to inform Canadian Govt about her change of marital status. But she does not know which department of Govt. she should inform and how. For instance whom and what email address should she inform of this change of status. Her second question is what would be the consequence of this marital status change on her or her former husband's immigration status if any. I don't the answer to the questions so I am seeking your help on this. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
A neice of mine and her husband became landed immigrant in Manitoba ( under provincial nominee program ) April this year. She was the principal applicant when they applied for the immigration. They lived in Canada ( Winnipeg ) only for about four months. Unfortunately they had a separation last month and had a legal divorce in Pakistan . Both of them are now out of Canada. Their marriage lasted about three years.

Now my neice has asked me for guidance : She thinks she needs to inform Canadian Govt about her change of marital status. But she does not know which department of Govt. she should inform and how. For instance whom and what email address should she inform of this change of status. Her second question is what would be the consequence of this marital status change on her or her former husband's immigration status if any. I don't the answer to the questions so I am seeking your help on this. Thank you.
There's no impact to either of them. No - she does not need to inform anyone about the marital status change.