+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise on Insurance for car!!!!

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
Hi friends,

By grace of god and qorax (his advise for bringing the driving experience letter from my country) I got my G licence. Now m looking for an affordable and economy car with cheaper insurance...

Suggestions and tips from qorax and other seniors are welcome..

Thanks
DANNY

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are 2 parts in car insurance, 1. insurance for the car, i.e. any damages for the car. 2. Liability, i.e. any damages for the victim when you are at fault. Its a balance between both.

Insurance minimum is 150 provided you have G and your have taken the course! (in your case i dont think you did). Since you dont have any insurance history and credit history in Canada, your insurance may go up to 190-200. This is the Per Month rate.

From the car perspective, there is a balance (mid point) for insurance and car.. if you buy a new one (part 1 goes up) or a beat-up (part 2 goes up) your insurance will increase. Buy something for $10-$15K and your insurance will be arnd 200.

In 5 years after no accident driving, you may be able to decrease that to $150. Combine with Rental/Home insurance and you may get a 5% discount, it depends.

Good Luck!