+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVICE!!!

basel4380

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After more than 7 months of waiting for an AOR, we were told by CIC today that there is no record for any application for citizenship although I have already paid the fees and I have a delivery signature from Canada post!!! We were advised to re submit the application BUT the problem that the new 4/6 rules will apply which means we have to wait longer!!! Anyone experienced similar situation? What can we do in this case? I have contacted an immigration consultant to prepare a letter for CIC but was advised that shouldn't keep high expectations ...

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basel4380 said:
After more than 7 months of waiting for an AOR, we were told by CIC today that there is no record for any application for citizenship although I have already paid the fees and I have a delivery signature from Canada post!!! We were advised to re submit the application BUT the problem that the new 4/6 rules will apply which means we have to wait longer!!! Anyone experienced similar situation? What can we do in this case? I have contacted an immigration consultant to prepare a letter for CIC but was advised that shouldn't keep high expectations ...
Very sad.. No doubt it is fault at CIC end but unfortunately you have to suffer & wait for eligible according to new rule.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
basel4380 said:
So sorry to hear that. One more proof of CIC's irresponsible attitude. Its not only the higher fee but 4/6 requirement. Have you faxed the CIC, the copy of the receipt. File a complain with Canada Post too.

I really beats me, how can a Federal Agency be so callous and careless, they are playing with candidates lives and holding them to ransom.

If you meet the new requirement, consider of re-applying or check with attorneys to sue the CIC, as you have the date of payment, Canada post details. I can understand the frustration.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basel4380 said:
Contact your MP and present your case. Ask them for any recourse.

IF you have enough time and funds get a lawyer and fight.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Recently I was thinking about similar scenarios like the one of the OP and the cases when suddenly the processing of an applications just goes on a full stop mode.

One of the main reasons according to me these to happen is that despite the so called "One-step-process" in practise the application is physically transferred multiple times between different desks and agents and different locations around the country.

Roughly in a normal mode they receive around 800 applications a day so having lost applications from time to time is the natural result.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
chikloo said:
Contact your MP and present your case. Ask them for any recourse.

IF you have enough time and funds get a lawyer and fight.
This is the stupidest advice possible. What is CIC going to do? Grant citizenship with no application, with no background check, no information at all? Sure, it's probably their fault -- doesn't matter, the OP's wife is not going to get citizenship without an application, and no lawyer is going to change that.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope said:
This is the stupidest advice possible. What is CIC going to do? Grant citizenship with no application, with no background check, no information at all? Sure, it's probably their fault -- doesn't matter, the OP's wife is not going to get citizenship without an application, and no lawyer is going to change that.
I asked OP to contact MP to show proof that his application was delivered. MP or his lawyer cannot get him citizenship but they can find a recourse. Please find the meaning of recourse and then come out of your stupidity of judging other people.

Also this forum is for suggestions and advice. You have to take it based on your caution. So do not act smart.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
December_Applicant said:
When I sent my application, I also had the same fear. Thank God I got an AOR. You should reapply whenever you qualify ASAP now. The mistake that you did was that you should have called them repeatedly and asked about the whereabouts of your application. If within 2 months you did not get AOR, you should have immediately re-applied. Waiting 7 months just for an AOR was a BIG BIG Mistake. All the best ! This time please send an application through a GOOD COURIER COMPANY.
Hi
The problem here is that the call centre is not really helpful, because they usually quote that they are not giving info upon applications before one year elapse .
So technically we are relying mainly on the regular mail which sometimes also get lost.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
nope said:
There is absolutely no reason to be rude with someone. I support other reader's suggestion. Nobody including the applicant whose application was lost by the CIC is asking that.

Applicant has proof of payment, tracking details of sending the application. What do you suggest - say thank you to CIC.

There are lot of factors gone against the applicant, lost time, fee jumped by 500% and required days are more now, dont you agree ???

At the least the CIC should accept his new application but process under the old rules to compensate for CIC mistake.

Please put yourself in the affected applicant's shoe and think. What would you do, if after 10 months, CIC informs you, we dont have your application or record of payment, do it all over again .......pretty sure your reaction would be different.

basel4380

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December_Applicant said:
When I sent my application, I also had the same fear. Thank God I got an AOR. You should reapply whenever you qualify ASAP now. The mistake that you did was that you should have called them repeatedly and asked about the whereabouts of your application. If within 2 months you did not get AOR, you should have immediately re-applied. Waiting 7 months just for an AOR was a BIG BIG Mistake. All the best ! This time please send an application through a GOOD COURIER COMPANY.
I agree BUT we applied only two weeks before the new rules 4/6 were in effect! which means that knowing the application was lost after one month or 7 months doesn`t really change anything cuz we will not be able to re apply directly!

nope

Oct 3, 2015
chikloo said:
I asked OP to contact MP to show proof that his application was delivered. MP or his lawyer cannot get him citizenship but they can find a recourse. Please find the meaning of recourse and then come out of your stupidity of judging other people.

Also this forum is for suggestions and advice. You have to take it based on your caution. So do not act smart.
And what is recourse, in this situation?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope said:
And what is recourse, in this situation?
That's what the MP or his Lawyer to decide. Anyway I don't want to make it about me or you. Please stop arguing with me and if you can help OP do it or hold your comments.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
chikloo said:
That's what the MP or his Lawyer to decide. Anyway I don't want to make it about me or you. Please stop arguing with me and if you can help OP do it or hold your comments.
No seriously -- there should be a conceivable outcome for your advice. What is it? What is CIC going to do for recourse?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
nope said:
No seriously -- there should be a conceivable outcome for your advice. What is it? What is CIC going to do for recourse?
Maybe the MP can urge CIC to search for the application again? Chances are very low but they might find it under some clerk's desk. If the package is found, it should be processed according to the rules on the day it was received.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ZingyDNA said:
Maybe the MP can urge CIC to search for the application again? Chances are very low but they might find it under some clerk's desk. If the package is found, it should be processed according to the rules on the day it was received.
I agree with you. At least the CIC should be made to realize that due to their mishandling of candidate's important document, beside losing the time, candidate is unjustifiable forced to pay higher fee and may have to wait for longer time.

Every government agency has system in place that records every incoming document. They should locate the application, if they have record of receipt but cannot locate the file. Obviously the Canada post or any courier maintain record of receipt acknowledgement.

CIC should compensation the candidate by accepting the application under the old rule & process it. Why the candidate pay for CIC blunder.

We are dealing with a Federal Agency & NOT road site convenient stores. The tax payers / clients expect some responsibility.