+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice required for distance/online MBA

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Hello All,

I currently hold US-equivalent "Associate Degree" in Accounting and Finance. Now I am looking forward to upgrade my education. Please advise me the best suitable pathway towards MBA which is recognized by WES but is also affordable.

Side note: A friend has advised me i) Extended diploma in Strategic Management (Level 7) from ATHE, UK and then ii) distance MBA from Cardiff Metropolitan University or Birmingham City University. My main fear is ECA outcome by West.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you only have an associate degree most MBA will not be an option since they need a bachelors degree. You also need to consider the quality of you education because you also need to get a job if you immigrate to Canada.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
MBA is mostly useless if you don't have really good work experience

MeThree

Jan 1, 2019
Given that you only have an associate degree most MBA will not be an option since they need a bachelors degree. You also need to consider the quality of you education because you also need to get a job if you immigrate to Canada.
Many thanks. I will be able to progress to MBA after completing credit hours and for the purpose, I will be undergoing Level 7 certification from ATHE UK and then top-up to MBA from one of two British universities which offer MBA pathways and also appear in WES Evaluation Tool.

MBA is mostly useless if you don't have really good work experience
I have 18 years of experience including 9+ years in Managerial and Advisory roles. Plus I am a qualified CMA and CISA with 8 years of Big4 experience in Assurance, Audit and Enterprise Risk Services so I firmly believe MBA will be an added-value for my professional profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are attempting to immigrate to Canada. A degree from a good Canadian school would be more helpful. Have you looked to see whether you will qualify to immigrate after all these steps. It is unclear where you are from and where you have worked. It is certainly much harder to immigrate once you hit middle management or management unless you have worked in well known business or businesses that have offices in Canada.