+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice regarding PR in Canada

danish1canada

Aug 1, 2018
I am an Indian student currently perusing B.Com from Punjab University .
My previous educational qualifications include -
1) 92% in 10th CBSE board
2) 88% in 12th CBSE board (commerce steam)
After completing my graduation I wish to move to Canada and pursue my career over there .
However it has come to my knowledge that the Canadian education system doesn't consider a 3 year graduation degree valid .
Upon discussing the same with my relatives and acquaintances , one of them has advised me to either -
1. Pursue a 1-year computer course that is considered valid in Canada or
2. To complete my Masters in India and then move to Canada .
Since I don't want my 3 years of graduation to go futile ,the advice I seek is what path to follow after my graduation so that I can have a promising and successful career in Canada .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am an Indian student currently perusing B.Com from Punjab University .
My previous educational qualifications include -
1) 92% in 10th CBSE board
2) 88% in 12th CBSE board (commerce steam)
After completing my graduation I wish to move to Canada and pursue my career over there .
However it has come to my knowledge that the Canadian education system doesn't consider a 3 year graduation degree valid .
Upon discussing the same with my relatives and acquaintances , one of them has advised me to either -
1. Pursue a 1-year computer course that is considered valid in Canada or
2. To complete my Masters in India and then move to Canada .
Since I don't want my 3 years of graduation to go futile ,the advice I seek is what path to follow after my graduation so that I can have a promising and successful career in Canada .
1. This is a poor plan. If you objective is to immigrate to Canada to live here permanently, you should take at least a 2 year program so that you qualify for a three year post graduate work permit and can then hopefully qualify to apply for PR once you have work experience. The chances of qualifying for PR with a 1 year program are very low.

2. Not possible unless you have at least one year of full time and paid skilled work experience. The Masters will give you more points for qualifying to immigrate. However you won't be able to apply until you also have work experience. Getting a work permit won't be possible - you will have to focus on qualifying to immigrate if you wish to move here.

Reactions: danish1canada