+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice please- My Malaysian PCC doesnt look quite right

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I applied without any letter, before ITA, and I got my PR.

As long as the police certificate is dated after your last visit to Malaysia or within past 6 months if you're currently living in Malaysia, you'll be fine.

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I applied without any letter, before ITA, and I got my PR.

As long as the police certificate is dated after your last visit to Malaysia or within past 6 months if you're currently living in Malaysia, you'll be fine.
Thanks. That’s great.
Some more help pls:
1. What pages of my passport should I upload, considering I am not a Malaysian citizen:

a. Only my front page
b. Front + last page
c. All pages containing visa and travel stamps
d. All pages of passport

CIC web says: option d.
Malaysia web says: page that contains ur info( looks like option a)

2. My hubby is not accompanying me to Canada but his pcc will also be required from Malaysia
What reason for pcc should I fill in case of my hubby, should it be same as of mine ie PR

Thanks in advance!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thanks. That’s great.
Some more help pls:
1. What pages of my passport should I upload, considering I am not a Malaysian citizen:

a. Only my front page
b. Front + last page
c. All pages containing visa and travel stamps
d. All pages of passport

CIC web says: option d.
Malaysia web says: page that contains ur info( looks like option a)

2. My hubby is not accompanying me to Canada but his pcc will also be required from Malaysia
What reason for pcc should I fill in case of my hubby, should it be same as of mine ie PR

Thanks in advance!
Yes, option a.
As for your husband, reason doesn't matter - so just put the same reason as yours.

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yes, option a.
As for your husband, reason doesn't matter - so just put the same reason as yours.
One more query pls.

Someone posted in a thread as below:
2012-2014 stay was covered in Malaysia pcc
2010 stay was not covered in pcc
And he got rejection

But as per my knowledge, there is no date mentioned in pcc
So at time of that guy, Malaysia pcc format may be older one , please clear the air on this
Tia

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
One more query pls.

And he got rejection

So at time of that guy, Malaysia pcc format may be older one , please clear the air on this
Tia
You're correct. Malaysian certificate of good conduct does not have dates mentioned, only the date the certificate is issued.

Reactions: Priya801

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
One more query pls.

And he got rejection

Tia
I saw that post. IRCC made a mistake, I believe.
The e-konsular website clearly states the following:
Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e.: employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)

Short-term visits are therefore not considered for PCC.

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I saw that post. IRCC made a mistake, I believe.
The e-konsular website clearly states the following:
Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e.: employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)

Short-term visits are therefore not considered for PCC.
Thanks a lot!

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hi guys, I need some assistance. I have ongoing work permit application from employer side right now in Canada. But I'm thinking to apply for CGC in Malaysia since later on its required for both me and wife (accompanying me to Canada)
So as I mentioned I dont have any letter yet from Canada eg work permit to support my purpose of travel as working, is it still okay to apply and I will get it approved?
Same goes for my wife, I'll need her CGC from Malaysia also, as we are living here currently.
She didnt work or study here, how do I fill her Supporting Information page or Purpose of travel.

Any help is really appreciated!! Thank you.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi guys, I need some assistance. I have ongoing work permit application from employer side right now in Canada. But I'm thinking to apply for CGC in Malaysia since later on its required for both me and wife (accompanying me to Canada)
So as I mentioned I dont have any letter yet from Canada eg work permit to support my purpose of travel as working, is it still okay to apply and I will get it approved?
Same goes for my wife, I'll need her CGC from Malaysia also, as we are living here currently.
She didnt work or study here, how do I fill her Supporting Information page or Purpose of travel.

Any help is really appreciated!! Thank you.
Applying for cgc does not require you to show any supporting documents about your purpose of travel. You can just state reason as "employment" or "immigration".

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Applying for cgc does not require you to show any supporting documents about your purpose of travel. You can just state reason as "employment" or "immigration".
Okay noted.
and what about wife's CGC application. Can I leave blank Work Experience and Higher Education information fields, as she didn't work neither studied here in Malaysia?