+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on Traveling to Calgary- Pregnant woman

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey Guys - I need some advice on traveling. Amidst this covid, is it safe for pregnant women to travel?

Also, is there any insurance that we can buy to cover up some cost's of pregnancy?

Also, we are WP holders with PR in process, hence, we are at this point not eligible for healthcare. Therefore, does anyone have any idea on how much does a C-section cost in Calgary?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's very unlikely you can find insurance to cover a pregnancy that's in progress.

C-sections can cost tens of thousands of dollars or more if there are any complications.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey Guys - I need some advice on traveling. Amidst this covid, is it safe for pregnant women to travel?

Also, is there any insurance that we can buy to cover up some cost's of pregnancy?

Also, we are WP holders with PR in process, hence, we are at this point not eligible for healthcare. Therefore, does anyone have any idea on how much does a C-section cost in Calgary?
Do you currently have a job? If not you will lilely be denied boarding. Pregnant women are at higher risk of covid conplications.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
It's very unlikely you can find insurance to cover a pregnancy that's in progress.

C-sections can cost tens of thousands of dollars or more if there are any complications.
thought so, was just confirming. I think it would be better to get the baby delivered in Home Country to avoid the un-necessary expense. Given that, economy everywhere is just down and it's better to hold onto dollars for long term growth.

Thanks for the sensible advice :)

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Do you currently have a job? If not you will lilely be denied boarding. Pregnant women are at higher risk of covid conplications.
Thats not an issue - i have a company in Calgary under SUV program and was due to re-locate before this stupid covid happened, while my PR is in process my visa validity is less than six months which does not make us eligible for healthcare. And given the complications in the previous deliveries, doctor here said this one's goong to be a C Section too and i think it will cost no less than $15k without any complications. If extended hospitalization is required, than the bill can go up - in 100(s) thousand (s) of dollars. While keeping the economy in mind which is slow everywhere, i think that wouldn't be a sensible option to go now and spend savings on hospitalization.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thats not an issue - i have a company in Calgary under SUV program and was due to re-locate before this stupid covid happened, while my PR is in process my visa validity is less than six months which does not make us eligible for healthcare. And given the complications in the previous deliveries, doctor here said this one's goong to be a C Section too and i think it will cost no less than $15k without any complications. If extended hospitalization is required, than the bill can go up - in 100(s) thousand (s) of dollars. While keeping the economy in mind which is slow everywhere, i think that wouldn't be a sensible option to go now and spend savings on hospitalization.
Very good analysis - 10s-100s of thousands of dollars is likely if your doctor is already saying there will be complications.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Very good analysis - 10s-100s of thousands of dollars is likely if your doctor is already saying there will be complications.
yup, unless some miracle happens and the PR get's approved lol otherwise no traveling for now. thanks for the help!