+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on obtaining a Visitor Visa while waiting for OWP and PR

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hello all,

Few questions

I am about to apply for a visitor visa that will cover any gap between the expiration of my current work visa and an OWP, just to be safe.

1) Is there any advice on what to include that will make it more likely to be accepted? I am attaching an additional document stating the context of my application and that its all just so I can stay with my partner, as being apart would hurt us greatly. (They're human on the other end, I just want to be honest).

2) Also, what are the chances of obtaining a multiple-entry visa, or is that something you can only apply for while outside of Canada? Reason asking is that, if I have to remain on a visitor visa until a decision on my OWP is made, I would likely want to visit my family in the UK for Christmas. If I did this, what are the chances I'd be allowed back in?

3)The visitor visa online document form asks for multiple pieces of 'proof of means of financial support'. I am being supported by my common-law partner while I am unable to work, but also have funds of my own. It only allows me to upload one document here, but asks for as many from the list as possible. Do I have to compile all pieces of evidence into a single PDF?

Hopefully someone can answer these questions.

Thanks for your time.