+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on NOC selection Project Manager position

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hello everybody,

Currently I have an offer from a consultant company in Toronto for a Project Manager position. My background and this company both are related to chemical process engineering fields. My duties will be related to managing chemical process projects which are same as below that I got from my offer description.
Now, I want to know can I apply after one year for CEC under NOC 0711 with these duties?
Moreover, I got a chemical engineering master from Queen's Uni and I had several years experiences in chemical process engineering and process projects cooridnating.
My concern is that this NOC 0711 may be required civil degree so whether I would be qualified for this or not.
Also, I am thinking for NOC 1225 and 0211 that might be fit to my duties. So please help me in this regard to choose most proper NOC.
Thank you all.

Key Responsibilities
· Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction through respectful and cordial communication with the client, his representatives and all members of the company team
· Assess the customers’ needs by understanding their processes, referring to their specifications and ensuring quality of the turnkey project delivered meets the customer’s expectation
· Develop process design estimates (budgetary and detailed) and prepare quotes within prescribed timeframes
· Adhere to and follow diligently all internal Company project management guidelines and protocols
· Offer technical expertise in design, development and execution of the project
· Coordinate internal resources (ex. installation crews, technicians, electricians, etc.), with other PMs and APMs, and with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Collaboration with internal colleagues on process designs and other engineering projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, on budget and within scope
· Develop a detailed project plan with the APMs to track project progress
· Development of written scopes of work or requirements, RFQs, etc. for external manufacturers and contractors for parts and/or services in the development of process design
· Evaluation of quotations, proposals and RFQs, and interfacing with prospective manufacturers and contractors for parts and services required for process design, fabrication and installation with respect to cost, delivery and timelines
· Use appropriate verification techniques and internal procedures to manage projects at all stages including changes in project scope, changes in schedule and changes in costs
· Measure project performance using these internal systems, tools and other techniques
· Report and escalate to management, as needed, project deviations, scope creep, extras, etc.
· Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation using developed internal procedures
· AutoCAD development of P&ID’s and Layouts
· Develop bills of material (BOM) within the company standards
· Supervise installation crews, automation technicians, as required, and ensure their work meets the required quality standards
· Train, coach and mentor technicians and junior project managers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everybody,

Currently I have an offer from a consultant company in Toronto for a Project Manager position. My background and this company both are related to chemical process engineering fields. My duties will be related to managing chemical process projects which are same as below that I got from my offer description.
Now, I want to know can I apply after one year for CEC under NOC 0711 with these duties?
Moreover, I got a chemical engineering master from Queen's Uni and I had several years experiences in chemical process engineering and process projects cooridnating.
My concern is that this NOC 0711 may be required civil degree so whether I would be qualified for this or not.
Also, I am thinking for NOC 1225 and 0211 that might be fit to my duties. So please help me in this regard to choose most proper NOC.
Thank you all.
Umm... and why are you not considering NOC 2134?
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2134&ver=16&val65=chemical engineer

Reactions: snsajedi

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017

sahar68

Oct 25, 2018
Cuz I think my duty is somehow different from the lead statement and main duties of 2134.
Mostly mine is related to project engineering or how to conduct a project and manage timelines but I think 2134 is literally related to design and document preparation in engineering scope
Hi,
would please guide me which NOC did you consider with these duties and did it work for you? Thanks