+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on my study permit refusal

orboAkin

Feb 26, 2022
I am an international student currently living in Canada and my recent study permit extension was refused. The reason given was failure to submit my previous transcripts and diplomas. I have been in Canada since 2015 and had to attend highschool when I initially came here and I then attended career colleges afterwards due to their affordability and me not wanting to break the terms of my study permit by not attending a post-secondary institution while in Canada. Now I have enough funds to complete the current 2 year diploma program I am enrolled in at a college. I have re-applied for the extension and I attached the diplomas and transcripts, along with all the other prerequisite documents like current medical records, proof of finance, acceptance and enrollment letter, after they arrived from my previous schools (they took longer to process than I expected; hence my inability to send them with my previous application). My current study permit is going to end in 6 months. Can anyone give me any advice on what else I can do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am an international student currently living in Canada and my recent study permit extension was refused. The reason given was failure to submit my previous transcripts and diplomas. I have been in Canada since 2015 and had to attend highschool when I initially came here and I then attended career colleges afterwards due to their affordability and me not wanting to break the terms of my study permit by not attending a post-secondary institution while in Canada. Now I have enough funds to complete the current 2 year diploma program I am enrolled in at a college. I have re-applied for the extension and I attached the diplomas and transcripts, along with all the other prerequisite documents like current medical records, proof of finance, acceptance and enrollment letter, after they arrived from my previous schools (they took longer to process than I expected; hence my inability to send them with my previous application). My current study permit is going to end in 6 months. Can anyone give me any advice on what else I can do?
A career college is post secondary education. When did you stop attending high school? Did you get a study permit for the career college? You may have been out of status for quite some time.

Reactions: Naturgrl

orboAkin

Feb 26, 2022
A career college is post secondary education. When did you stop attending high school? Did you get a study permit for the career college? You may have been out of status for quite some time.
Oh, I did get a study permit for the two Career colleges after I completed my highschool I went to. I also had a study permit extension for the brief time I was in University (York University) before financial issues caused me to drop out and enrol in the cheaper college in Newfoundland I am in now. I have never been out of status since my time in Canada and I always extended my study permit when it was getting close to expiring or when I was attending a new post-secondary institution after completing one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh, I did get a study permit for the two Career colleges after I completed my highschool I went to. I also had a study permit extension for the brief time I was in University (York University) before financial issues caused me to drop out and enrol in the cheaper college in Newfoundland I am in now. I have never been out of status since my time in Canada and I always extended my study permit when it was getting close to expiring or when I was attending a new post-secondary institution after completing one.
Very confused as to why you said you attended career colleges so you didn’t break the terms of your study permit by not attending a post secondary education. Would attach your transcripts from the career colleges and for the semester(s) you’ve completed at your current college.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS note. What were reasons for refusal. If you have had a study permit since 2015, you most likely can’t keep extending it. You need a new study permit.

orboAkin

Feb 26, 2022
Order GCMS note. What were reasons for refusal. If you have had a study permit since 2015, you most likely can’t keep extending it. You need a new study permit.
The reason they gave for the refusal was my inability to provide all the transcripts and diplomas for the entirety of my time in Canada as an international student. The reason I was unable to provide them immediately was because one of my previous schools (Mohawk College) took longer than than the 10 day deadline I was given to send me the unofficial copies via email and the ones I sent in my previous application were deemed insufficient. I figured they were not going to give me more time to wait for the documents to arrive and, in a panic, I submitted the few I had. I have rectified this error in my new application by submitting all the transcripts and diplomas (including the one from the current college I am attending) that have since arrived.
Refusal letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reason they gave for the refusal was my inability to provide all the transcripts and diplomas for the entirety of my time in Canada as an international student. The reason I was unable to provide them immediately was because one of my previous schools (Mohawk College) took longer than than the 10 day deadline I was given to send me the unofficial copies via email and the ones I sent in my previous application were deemed insufficient. I figured they were not going to give me more time to wait for the documents to arrive and, in a panic, I submitted the few I had. I have rectified this error in my new application by submitting all the transcripts and diplomas (including the one from the current college I am attending) that have since arrived.
Refusal letter
None of your links work. Did you change conditions of your study permit when you changed each school? How many colleges have you attended. Have you graduated from each one?