+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on employment letters.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Hi All,

So i'm about to start my application for PR through EE with an approved LMIA so i should get an invite straight away.

My friend said i that i need employment letters from the last 10 years of employment? 1 of the companies i worked for went into liquidation and there is no way i can get a reference, could i just change the date for one of my past jobs to a year longer (i was 18 at the time) are they likely to ask for any further information, t4's etc? like that to prove you were at that company for X amount of time?

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
jaybakerca said:
Hi All,

So i'm about to start my application for PR through EE with an approved LMIA so i should get an invite straight away.

My friend said i that i need employment letters from the last 10 years of employment? 1 of the companies i worked for went into liquidation and there is no way i can get a reference, could i just change the date for one of my past jobs to a year longer (i was 18 at the time) are they likely to ask for any further information, t4's etc? like that to prove you were at that company for X amount of time?
In my opinion, that would be a miss-representation...

for each employment you need to show reference letter

Employment Records

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.
Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include
a. your name,
b. The company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address),
c. The signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.
d. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details:
i. job title, duties/responsibilities,
ii. job status (if current job),
iii. the dates you worked for the company,
iv. the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file).

But you can do one thing...

keep all the work experience in your work history ... and leave that one which you can not get the exp letter...

Once you get ITA... there is a personal history column where u can see all the work history already filled in (pre filled from work history)... just fill in the last job....
you dont need to prove the work experience for the work shown in personal history..

this is just my opinion....
Hope this helps...

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
In your opinion, whats the best way to deal with the non existing company? i cannot get a reference from them, should i just put a covering letter in my application stating this?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is that you only need to include the work history in your ee profile that you want to gets points from. These roles you will need to provide letters for.

Given you LMIA, I wouldn't include that role.

Once you have ITA you will need to mention it in your personal history but won't need a letter for it.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ozlis said:
My understanding is that you only need to include the work history in your ee profile that you want to gets points from. These roles you will need to provide letters for.

Once you have ITA you will need to mention it in your personal history but won't need a letter for it.

So how about if i dont include any employment letters? will that matter then? if i have an lmia.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At a minimum you would need to include the role that you have the LMIA for.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
jaybakerca said:
In your opinion, whats the best way to deal with the non existing company? i cannot get a reference from them, should i just put a covering letter in my application stating this?
Hey jaybakerca,

If you don't want points for this experience, just remove it from work history. However you'll need to indicate it in your personal history after ITA.

Btw, I thought that you've already got your PR. IIRC you've got an LMIA almost a year ago, I remember you from LMIA thread :)

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
anarsoul said:
Hey jaybakerca,

If you don't want points for this experience, just remove it from work history. However you'll need to indicate it in your personal history after ITA.

Btw, I thought that you've already got your PR. IIRC you've got an LMIA almost a year ago, I remember you from LMIA thread :)
Yeah had some problems back home, some things came up and i wasnt able to get it started so im doing it now.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:

agreee.......200% I wouldn't include anything which will interupt my app -ely, Lmia is giving you 600 CRS which is more than enough so just keep your app as simple and easy as possible...
Good luck with your EE ...hope for the best :) :) :)

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
Hi All,

Hi , If you are ok to share , could you please tell how long it took to approve , what NOC and which province ...?
Answer on this would be highly appreciated ...thanks...!!!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
I got fired from a job 5 years ago and they are refusing to give any kind of reference of acknowledgement that i even worked there.

is that legal?

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
jaybakerca said:
I got fired from a job 5 years ago and they are refusing to give any kind of reference of acknowledgement that i even worked there.

is that legal?
do u want to get points for that work experience?

if not, then dont worry... just add that work exp in Personal History after ITA. U will not be asked for Ref Letter.

If u want to have points for that work exp, then Ref letter is mandatory.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Can we make changes to work history on EE profile after submission and after receiving Ontario PT notification of interest. Though yet to submit ontario application . Need to omit experience for which points won't be claimed.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feb2004 said:
Can we make changes to work history on EE profile after submission and after receiving Ontario PT notification of interest. Though yet to submit ontario application . Need to omit experience for which points won't be claimed.
yes, you can change as long you as you don't change your NOC code.