+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on a confused situation

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi all,

I am waiting for my second SP decision, applied on 17th Jan for may in take 2022.

I got a petty good job offer from UAE, so I am confused about take this opportunity but if I take it, I will have to stay with them for at least 6months.

So I was thinking, let say I get approve for SP, can I defer my course and go in September intake, even after getting approval ?
In this way, I will not losing an opportunity. Because visa approve chance is not certain.

Please advise on this situation.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am waiting for my second SP decision, applied on 17th Jan for may in take 2022.

I got a petty good job offer from UAE, so I am confused about take this opportunity but if I take it, I will have to stay with them for at least 6months.

So I was thinking, let say I get approve for SP, can I defer my course and go in September intake, even after getting approval ?
In this way, I will not losing an opportunity. Because visa approve chance is not certain.

Please advise on this situation.

Thanks
You need to talk to your school if your program can be deferred.

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
You need to talk to your school if your program can be deferred.
My question is in regards to SP, like after I get approved SP in let's say in 2 months. Can I get my visa stamped and go in September intake.
Is this possible?

The university will allow to defer as they have intake is Jan, may, and sep, that is not an issue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My question is in regards to SP, like after I get approved SP in let's say in 2 months. Can I get my visa stamped and go in September intake.
Is this possible?

The university will allow to defer as they have intake is Jan, may, and sep, that is not an issue.
Study Permits: Assessing study permit conditions - Canada.ca

See note under deferral, you need formal approval from DLI to defer. So yes you can so get formal approval from DLI now and submit webform with new acceptance letter.