12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi all,

We are canadian PR and got stuck in india. Now we are moving back and we applied for our baby TRV on 18th Feb 2021 (online application). Whats the current time to get an TRV as we need to land ASAP to satisfy RO for Ontario. Also I raised Webform on 18th Mar 2021 but still no update yet. Could you please guide.

thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

We are canadian PR and got stuck in india. Now we are moving back and we applied for our baby TRV on 18th Feb 2021 (online application). Whats the current time to get an TRV as we need to land ASAP to satisfy RO for Ontario. Also I raised Webform on 18th Mar 2021 but still no update yet. Could you please guide.

thanks in advance
Would add that TRVs for children born abroad aren't guaranteed. To sponsor your child you must be compliant with your RO so I would prioritize making sure at least one parent returns to Canada in time to be compliant with their RO.

Reactions: armoured

anisam0104

Mar 30, 2021
Would add that TRVs for children born abroad aren't guaranteed. To sponsor your child you must be compliant with your RO so I would prioritize making sure at least one parent returns to Canada in time to be compliant with their RO.
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Therefore I thought I would ask you a question on this thread. In my case, we applied for the TRV for our baby on 22ns Feb 2021 and my husband has moved to Canada on 7th March and has secured a job there too. however we haven't mentioned this in the submitted application. Is there a way(email, etc) for us to inform the authorities about this? Will it help with our application for our baby's TRV?
Thanks in advance,
Ani

anisam0104

Mar 30, 2021
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Therefore I thought I would ask you a question on this thread. In my case, we applied for the TRV for our baby on 22ns Feb 2021 and my husband has moved to Canada on 7th March and has secured a job there too. however we haven't mentioned this in the submitted application. Is there a way(email, etc) for us to inform the authorities about this? Will it help with our application for our baby's TRV?
Thanks in advance,
Ani
To clarify further, my husband's decision to move to Canada came after we had submitted the application (since he got a job offer). So, we couldn't have added that at the time of submitting the application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks in advance,
Ani
Webform and update address, request politely TRV be reviewed and issued. Mention desire to reunite family in Canada during covid. It may help. It may not. Won't hurt. Also can't hurt to mention his employment either. Are you both compliant with residency obligation? Have you applied for PR for the child.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Webform and update address, request politely TRV be reviewed and issued. Mention desire to reunite family in Canada during covid. It may help. It may not. Won't hurt. Also can't hurt to mention his employment either. Are you both compliant with residency obligation? Have you applied for PR for the child.
Hi , What's the average time for Webform response. Could you please tell. Also I got the job offer after putting application so I updated them via webform with offer letter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi , What's the average time for Webform response. Could you please tell. Also I got the job offer after putting application so I updated them via webform with offer letter.
Unfortunately do not know. 30 days or so seems not unusual. But IRCC does seem to forward/attach the document submission to the file/officer responsible relatively quickly. This doesn't necessarily mean you will get a quick decision on the TRV. I would give it a few weeks at least.

You haven't yet confirmed that you or your spouse are compliant with residency obligation.

If your spouse is compliant, he could apply to sponsor your child right away (it won't hurt the TRV app or vice versa). If you are not compliant, getting a TRV may be more difficult (and cannot apply to sponsor until compliant).

In due course, you may wish to contact MP, but again, you do need to give it a bit of time, and be realistic that it may take a few months (at least).

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,

RO Compliant means whether we are eligible or not right.So just to tell you that we are currently in india but we are eligible till now to move back and start without any issues. This is the reason we filed TRV for our baby. By the way is there any difference between TRV and visitor visa or is that same?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

RO Compliant means whether we are eligible or not right.So just to tell you that we are currently in india but we are eligible till now to move back and start without any issues. This is the reason we filed TRV for our baby. By the way is there any difference between TRV and visitor visa or is that same?
Compliant with residency obligation. It's one aspect of eligilbility to sponsor, yes.

TRV and visitor visa are same.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Compliant with residency obligation. It's one aspect of eligilbility to sponsor, yes.

TRV and visitor visa are same.
Thanks so for now we are compliant with RO. My only concern is I need to travel back this month without my wife and baby if I didn’t get my baby visa. Also, what’s the average time if I apply PR for infant once I land in canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks so for now we are compliant with RO. My only concern is I need to travel back this month without my wife and baby if I didn’t get my baby visa. Also, what’s the average time if I apply PR for infant once I land in canada.
Sorry, no idea about the timelines.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Around a year these days.

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
Hi
Unfortunately do not know. 30 days or so seems not unusual. But IRCC does seem to forward/attach the document submission to the file/officer responsible relatively quickly. This doesn't necessarily mean you will get a quick decision on the TRV. I would give it a few weeks at least.

You haven't yet confirmed that you or your spouse are compliant with residency obligation.

If your spouse is compliant, he could apply to sponsor your child right away (it won't hurt the TRV app or vice versa). If you are not compliant, getting a TRV may be more difficult (and cannot apply to sponsor until compliant).

In due course, you may wish to contact MP, but again, you do need to give it a bit of time, and be realistic that it may take a few months (at least).
Hi armoured - I have a related question on the highlighted text.
I am a PR holder and not in compliance with my RO. If I apply for TRV for my child born in India, can that trigger a check on my Residency Obligation resulting in cancellation of my PR status?
as of now, I am planning to travel in July and wanted to initiate the TRV for my child before leaving India.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
Hi all,

thanks in advance
HI ramansingh05 - any update on your application for TRV? i am planning to submit TYRV application for my kid this week so wanted to understand the processing times.