+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed - Police Clearance Certificate

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
Need some expert advice on the following:

I am applying for canada PR through EE under FSW. Currently I am residing in India.

1. I have been deputed to Canada for around 18 months (from sept 2007 to March 2009) and I am claiming CRS points for the same.

Do I need PCC from Canada?

2. I have also been deputed to South Africa for about an year (from Oct 2009 to Nov 2010).

Do I need PCC from South Africa as well? Is there a way to skip this as I came to know from this forum that getting PCC from SA is a pretty lengthy process. My old passport is stamped for both my Canada and south Africa travel. Will it be OK if I don't show my old passport or just show those pages where Canada port of entry and exit stamps are present?

3. Finally, do I need to get PCC from India asi am currently residing in India.

Apologies if the answers are pretty straightforward but I have been struggling to get details on this topic.

Thank you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll need PCCs from India, Canada and South Africa and any other country where you've lived for more than 6 months since you turned 18.

As you are currently residing in India, leave that PCC for last. IRCC will not accept a PCC older than 6 months for your current country of residence. PCC from other countries are valid indefinitely or till you visit that country again.

Apply for PCCs from Canada and SA right away---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You'll need PCCs from India, Canada and South Africa and any other country where you've lived for more than 6 months since you turned 18.

As you are currently residing in India, leave that PCC for last. IRCC will not accept a PCC older than 6 months for your current country of residence. PCC from other countries are valid indefinitely or till you visit that country again.

Apply for PCCs from Canada and SA right away---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Hi Asivad,

Do we need PCC from Canada?

As mentioned on CIC website:

Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.

reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun22 said:
Hi Asivad,

Do we need PCC from Canada?

As mentioned on CIC website:

Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.

reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Thanks
My bad. IRCC will tell you if and when you need a Canadian PCC.

Roopakv

Jan 30, 2015
Canada90728 said:
Hi friends,
Need some expert advice on the following:

I am applying for canada PR through EE under FSW. Currently I am residing in India.

1. I have been deputed to Canada for around 18 months (from sept 2007 to March 2009) and I am claiming CRS points for the same.

Do I need PCC from Canada?

2. I have also been deputed to South Africa for about an year (from Oct 2009 to Nov 2010).

Do I need PCC from South Africa as well? Is there a way to skip this as I came to know from this forum that getting PCC from SA is a pretty lengthy process. My old passport is stamped for both my Canada and south Africa travel. Will it be OK if I don't show my old passport or just show those pages where Canada port of entry and exit stamps are present?

3. Finally, do I need to get PCC from India asi am currently residing in India.

Apologies if the answers are pretty straightforward but I have been struggling to get details on this topic.

Thank you!
Yes you would need PCC from every country you have stayed for more than 6 months except Canada.And as Asivad mentioned India will be last PCC as your resinding place now(neverthless to be submitted)

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for your suggestions.. much appreciated.. I have now initiated my PCC process for South Africa. As suggested by forum members, I am keeping PCC for last. Also, will process Canada PCC if CIC asks for it.

I have 2 follow up questions:

1. I have not shown my South African experience in Work History section of my EE application. Do I need to change it? I was in South Africa on deputation from company X i joined in India. I am planning to split my experience in Company X in 3 parts:
a) From Date a to Date b ---> Company X and Country India
b) From Date b+1 to Date c ---> Company X and Country South Africa
c) From Date c+1 to Date d ---> Company X and Country India

Is this how should I do it?

Also, My Employer Reference Letter from Company X does not mention anything about South africa as it does not fit in their standard letter template. Would this be a problem?

2. The application form that I am filling for South Africa PCC asks for an ID Document number. I dont have any document such as Driver's licence, Tax document number etc. I was on Deputation and was not paying taxes.

Can I leave it blank? (The agent who is processing my PCC says it is mandatory.)

Could you please help me with these questions.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Thanks all for your suggestions.. much appreciated.. I have now initiated my PCC process for South Africa. As suggested by forum members, I am keeping PCC for last. Also, will process Canada PCC if CIC asks for it.

I have 2 follow up questions:

1. I have not shown my South African experience in Work History section of my EE application. Do I need to change it? I was in South Africa on deputation from company X i joined in India. I am planning to split my experience in Company X in 3 parts:
a) From Date a to Date b ---> Company X and Country India
b) From Date b+1 to Date c ---> Company X and Country South Africa
c) From Date c+1 to Date d ---> Company X and Country India

Is this how should I do it?

Also, My Employer Reference Letter from Company X does not mention anything about South africa as it does not fit in their standard letter template. Would this be a problem?

2. The application form that I am filling for South Africa PCC asks for an ID Document number. I dont have any document such as Driver's licence, Tax document number etc. I was on Deputation and was not paying taxes.

Can I leave it blank? (The agent who is processing my PCC says it is mandatory.)

Are you not misinterpreting your situation and lying to Immigration ? What if, CIC finds out later and cancel's your visa, bar you for 'X' numbers of years ? Can you live with that forever ?
Please be honest with everything in your application.

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yoda24 said:
Are you not misinterpreting your situation and lying to Immigration ? What if, CIC finds out later and cancel's your visa, bar you for 'X' numbers of years ? Can you live with that forever ?
Please be honest with everything in your application.
Thanks Yoda24 for pointing out. But I am not sure which part seemed a misrepresentation or lie. Could you please advise how should I show that I was in South Africa working for a company that I joined India and left in India.

I have done the same thing for showing canada experience ( that was from another company).. :( :(

Roopakv

Jan 30, 2015
Canada90728 said:
Thanks Yoda24 for pointing out. But I am not sure which part seemed a misrepresentation or lie. Could you please advise how should I show that I was in South Africa working for a company that I joined India and left in India.

I have done the same thing for showing canada experience ( that was from another company).. :( :(
You have to mention that you were in South Africa for work and your designation while working there. Please get a letter from your employer stating the same...
ALso since you went there through your company you might have went on work visa itself so i dont understand how can you show any other reason for your visit...You can defnitely not say visiting since you wotn haev a tourist stamp on your passport...Dont misrepresent anything since this will be a black mark on your appliccation. Please dont do that and be honest whatever

I have no idea on South african PR so you have to wait till someone answers that.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Thanks all for your suggestions.. much appreciated.. I have now initiated my PCC process for South Africa. As suggested by forum members, I am keeping PCC for last. Also, will process Canada PCC if CIC asks for it

Don't you have a number on your South Africa visa/work permit (similar to document number or Uci for Canada visa / work permit)?

Also get your Canada pcc done. It will speed up your process. At least you don't have to wait when cic requests it. Moreover it will be valid since you are no longer in Canada.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:

You have worked in South Africa for more than 6 months, you can provide your company's letter stating you went to that country for an assignment. Also you will have visa for that country. Any accommodation receipts, pictures you might have clicked, your friends or supervisor can provide a reference letter.
Immigration authorities can enter your passport number and can find all the destination you have visited, even though your old passport may have expired.
I am only suggesting that you need to be truthful and not cut corners. Not declaring your visits and not sharing correct information is called as misinterpretation of your situation and its an offence for which immigration can impose penalty. Rest is all up to you to decide.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. SA experience need no feature in Work history section if you don't want points for that.

2. It can appear just in Travel history and Personal history sections.

3. This won't be misrepresentation, don't let that word scare you unnecessarily.

4. Assuming they ID field is free)text, fill in your work permit reference number.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Canada90728 said:

Instructions indicate that you should fill in your passport number if you don't have an identity document..
http://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php

Atmiya10

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

I received an ITA and need to get my PCC. Also, I am visiting India for the short period and will submit my file after returning back and planning to get PCC before I visit.

Do I need to apply for PCC again after returning?

Thanks