+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed on filling up B4 forms during short landing?

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Looking for suggestion from experts:

I plan to do a short landing during summer this year to complete the initial PR procedures in sha allah. Afterwards, it might take at least 1 year or slightly more than a year to settle all things in my home and then move to Canada. So, during the short landing we will have only travel related basic stuff with us. And, we cannot account for the stuff that we would bring during the actual move after more than 1 year.

Based on the situation, how do I fill in the B4 forms?? .. As I remember, I have to declare what I am carrying right now and what would arrive later in the forms. In my case the first one carrying now is insignificant and the second one is barely known at this point of time.

Can anyone help please?!!

Regards

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
I landed in Toronto last Christmas and stated that I was only there for landing. The immigration officer processed my paper and directed me to the baggage hall. I claimed my bags and was said good to go (into the public arrival hall). No one ever asked for the B4 form during the process. I inquired about this with my lawyer, he said that the process did not seem normal, I should try presenting the forms when I enter Canada again.

I returned to Canada several times in April, July, September and December. None of which were I asked to present the form, neither when I asked about it - they said it is okay, just proceed to baggage claim and then into the arrival hall. My guess is that they will take care of that when you enter and inform them you are going to settle.

My advice is that try to fill out the form to the best you can and include all household goods on the form.

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
felixtae said:
I landed in Toronto last Christmas and stated that I was only there for landing. The immigration officer processed my paper and directed me to the baggage hall. I claimed my bags and was said good to go (into the public arrival hall). No one ever asked for the B4 form during the process. I inquired about this with my lawyer, he said that the process did not seem normal, I should try presenting the forms when I enter Canada again.

I returned to Canada several times in April, July, September and December. None of which were I asked to present the form, neither when I asked about it - they said it is okay, just proceed to baggage claim and then into the arrival hall. My guess is that they will take care of that when you enter and inform them you are going to settle.

My advice is that try to fill out the form to the best you can and include all household goods on the form.
Wow!! Thanks a lot! quite an experience from your part I must say! everyone seems to be jostling around this B4 form. I would prefer your experience to happen with me :) honestly.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well, I would like to emphasize that you should still fill out a set of forms before your landing trip. I really not sure whether my experience was the norm for people not settling immediately or just an oversight that night.