+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed: Anybody approved for a study permit after previously overstaying in Canada 2018 ?

oluwa.seun

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,
I was previously an international student in Calgary, Alberta but I overstayed my study permit by 6 months because I forgot to extend my study permit when I was required to withdraw from school for a year. During the period of overstay I didn't attend classes / work. I returned to Nigeria on February 21st 2018, got readmitted to U of C and applied for a study permit again on July 13th 2018 and got study permit application denied on August 1st 2018. The accompanying note stated that:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada

What can I do to convince the visa officer that I wouldn't overstay again, I don't know if I should apply again after 6 months has elapsed in Nigeria or if I should give up all hopes of completing my education in Canada.

Anyone has experience with the situation or know of anyone who has experienced this situation ??