+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice in the anticipation of ITA

century1963

Mar 15, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

To all of you who received the ITA these past few days, what advice can you give to all of those who are expecting ITA? For example, I already made my travel and work history records, prepared my request letters for the bank and my employer, PCCs etc. What else did you missed preparing before your ITA that you could recommend? Thanks in advance.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Read the sticky threads http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure if you need PCC from certain countries which takes more than 8 weeks, you apply now
like FBI Pcc and all

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take appointment for medical.
Some places have a waiting running into weeks!

century1963

Mar 15, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about history? I am tabulating my personal history and work history so I can have a quick reference filling up the form. What information do I have to fill in in the history section?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am expecting an ITA this week. I have all my documents ready. They are scanned, converted to PDF and merged together so that they dont exceed 4MB. The only thing left for me is to get the latest bank letter, medical and photographs.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
century1963 said:
What about history? I am tabulating my personal history and work history so I can have a quick reference filling up the form. What information do I have to fill in in the history section?
Make note of your personal and address history since last ten years or since 18 if that is more recent. Personal history is whatever you were doing- studying/working/unemployed etc. Travel history for the last ten years excluding between home country and country of residence. Address history is all the places you lived on a permanent basis since last ten years. Work history depends on what work you are claiming points for and what work will only reside in personal history.

Also, if you're confident you will get an ITA soon, get your medicals done. I did mine before ITA just because I was sure I would get one. No need to wait. Find a doctor with e-medical system close to you and get an appointment stat!

Also, you can do what xpressentry did. Combine/merge documentation for each work history you're claiming points for, PCCs, Degrees, passports, transcripts, proof of funds if applicable. Start writing up any letters of explanation if applicable. Get your digital photo uploaded per CIC specifications

One thing - do not rush and make mistakes. CIC gives you 90 days for a reason and you have no excuses for mistakes. Double and triple check every document you make. Take your time to go through each document you merge and upload into CIC in the correct section. The problem with CIC is u cannot confirm what you have uploaded on their site. U can only see file name so name all your merged files so you can easily recognize them and put each in separate folders in your computer instead of them being scattered all over. These are housekeeping tips, but I found them very useful.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lifein360 said:
Make note of your personal and address history since you were 18. Travel history for the last ten years. Work history depends on what work you are claiming points for and what work will only reside in personal history.

Also, if you're confident you will get an ITA soon, get your medicals done. I did mine before ITA just because I was sure I would get one. No need to wait. Find a doctor with e-medical system close to you and get an appointment stat!

Also, you can do what xpressentry did. Combine/merge documentation for each work history you're claiming points for, PCCs, Degrees, passports, transcripts, proof of funds if applicable. Start writing up any letters of explanation if applicable. Get your digital photo uploaded per CIC specifications

One thing - do not rush and make mistakes. CIC gives you 90 days for a reason and you have no excuses for mistakes. Double and triple check every document you make. Take your time to go through each document you merge and upload into CIC in the correct section. The problem with CIC is u cannot confirm what you have uploaded on their site. U can only see file name so name all your merged files so you can easily recognize them and put each in separate folders in your computer instead of them being scattered all over. These are housekeeping tips, but I found them very useful.
I have made an excel sheet so far listing my personal, travel and work history. I plan to print schedule A and fill that up too. But there are few rows and I dont know how to add everything in those few rows.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
lifein360 said:
Make note of your personal and address history since you were 18. Personal history is whatever you were doing since 18 - studying/working/unemployed etc. Travel history for the last ten years excluding between home country and country of residence. Address history is all the places you lived on a permanent basis since 18. Work history depends on what work you are claiming points for and what work will only reside in personal history.

It's 10 years history or 18 years in age. Which ever applies to you.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
kryt0n said:
It's 10 years history or 18 years in age. Which ever applies to you.
I believe personal history starts from 18 till your current age, no matter how old you are? As in, if youre 35, you have to mention 18-35 personal history not 25-35?

I know there is conflicting information on this forum with the wording on the site, but with the number of times CIC asks for personal history after application, may as well start from 18 till date?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lifein360 said:
I believe personal history starts from 18 till your current age, no matter how old you are? As in, if youre 35, you have to mention 18-35 personal history not 25-35?

I know there is conflicting information on this forum with the wording on the site, but with the number of times CIC asks for personal history after application, may as well start from 18 till date?
No, if you are 35 then its 25 - 35. If you are 25, its 18-25.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
xpressentry said:
No, if you are 35 then its 25 - 35. If you are 25, its 18-25.
ah, i remember some heated discussions on this site regarding the wording so I put since 18.

Anyway I cant seem to recall what the instructions said now so yea you're right i guess.

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
nerd said:
Take appointment for medical.
Some places have a waiting running into weeks!
I have 1.5 year old dependent infant, do they also need to go through the medical test?