+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for PGWP application and work visa

Ankitasachdeva

Aug 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on study visa in canada and my study permit and visa expire in july 2018 and my course will be finished in april 2018. Can i travel to india after my course is complete and come back in 10 days and then apply for work permit or should i travel after getting the work permit.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Personally I would apply for your PGWP before thinking about travelling. Do this as soon as you get graduation letter from school (ask them for it as you will have to wait for some time to get transcript). Then you will be on implied status and you can present a screenshot of you application if stopped at airport. If you don't there will be a chance that the officers might not let you back in.

Ankitasachdeva

Aug 9, 2017
Personally I would apply for your PGWP before thinking about travelling. Do this as soon as you get graduation letter from school (ask them for it as you will have to wait for some time to get transcript). Then you will be on implied status and you can present a screenshot of you application if stopped at airport. If you don't there will be a chance that the officers might not let you back in.
Thank you for your reply..so i can travel after applying for pgwp or should i wait for the work permit and work visa and then travel