+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for bringing my spouse from India to Canada

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
Hello Members
Need some advice for bringing my spouse from India to Canada. I have a Canadian PR. Is it fine to let my wife attempt to get PR own her via Express Entry (would she get additional points for me being a PR?)? Is there a chance of cic rejecting her application (if she is able to get the ITA) as they would want her to apply under family sponsorship??
I am just trying, if she can get the PR through EE as that would take 6 months as apposed to 12 months under family sponsorship.
Any suggestions/advice would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Members
Need some advice for bringing my spouse from India to Canada. I have a Canadian PR. Is it fine to let my wife attempt to get PR own her via Express Entry (would she get additional points for me being a PR?)? Is there a chance of cic rejecting her application (if she is able to get the ITA) as they would want her to apply under family sponsorship??
I am just trying, if she can get the PR through EE as that would take 6 months as apposed to 12 months under family sponsorship.
Any suggestions/advice would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
Hi

She can apply through EE. She will get nothing for you being a PR. IRCC doesn't care how people apply as long as they qualify; the fact that she could apply through sponsorship doesn't matter.

Reactions: dgjobbing