+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice about landing interview

Rinakkkkk

Feb 25, 2019
Hi friends:)

We just submitted out outland application about a month ago. My husband is a US citizen (PR) and me being the sponsor. I'm just doing a little bit of research and mentally preparing for what's next. I'm curious in what the landing interview looks like? Does every applicant get interviewed? And also do we both get interviewed? Of so, do they give us a date or just ask us questions when he arrives. And last, will he need to send in his passport when we recieve a PPR?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi friends:)

We just submitted out outland application about a month ago. My husband is a US citizen (PR) and me being the sponsor. I'm just doing a little bit of research and mentally preparing for what's next. I'm curious in what the landing interview looks like? Does every applicant get interviewed? And also do we both get interviewed? Of so, do they give us a date or just ask us questions when he arrives. And last, will he need to send in his passport when we recieve a PPR?
Relax!

There is no 'landing interview' for you as outland spousal applicants. He can 'land' by himself and does not need you there. The 'interview' consists of two or three simple questions 'since your application have you been convicted of a criminal offence' etc. Then once you have landed, declare your list of goods accompanying and goods to follow and that's it - done. Once you get to the front of the line, takes about 15 minutes to 'land' and a further 15 minutes to do the 'goods to follow' list.

As an American, they will not need to send his passport in, he will get a CoPR (silly piece of paper with an expiry date which he must land before). VERY FEW people get called for any form of interview - only those with 'red flags'. If your relationship is genuine and you have provided all the requested proof, you will not have an interview - extremely unlikely - chill!

Details of landing here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada