+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adult secondary application in British Columbia

johnyjoon

Apr 29, 2011
I have applied to a college called as Columbia college in Vancouver. They have accepted me in their adult secondary program which would be followed by a year of university transfer program. i.e After 2 years of studies there, I can get into the second year of university.
I'm an Iranian national but I have lived in India for 5 years. I have my IGCSE O levels. I have contacted some agencies in Iran and they say that getting a visa is impossible for this stage ie adult secondary stage. I want to know, is this statement true?! If so, what could possibly be the reason for Canadian embassy to reject my case?!

Adding: I have not submitted my case to the embassy, I have only contacted some agencies. And they told me that Canadian embassy never accepts applications for high school or secondary levels. They accept Bachelor degree levels or masters. That's why I'm wondering what could possibly be the reason why they don't accept secondary admissions??why won't they grant a visa for that? Is it because of my nationality?! Or any other reason?

by the way, I'm only 20 years old!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

johnyjoon said:
I have applied to a college called as Columbia college in Vancouver. They have accepted me in their adult secondary program which would be followed by a year of university transfer program. i.e After 2 years of studies there, I can get into the second year of university.
I'm an Iranian national but I have lived in India for 5 years. I have my IGCSE O levels. I have contacted some agencies in Iran and they say that getting a visa is impossible for this stage ie adult secondary stage. I want to know, is this statement true?! If so, what could possibly be the reason for Canadian embassy to reject my case?!

Adding: I have not submitted my case to the embassy, I have only contacted some agencies. And they told me that Canadian embassy never accepts applications for high school or secondary levels. They accept Bachelor degree levels or masters. That's why I'm wondering what could possibly be the reason why they don't accept secondary admissions??why won't they grant a visa for that? Is it because of my nationality?! Or any other reason?
No, they look at why an Adult would be taking a secondary completion course in Canada at great expense, rather than completing in his/her home country and then applying for a post secondary course.

johnyjoon

Apr 29, 2011
The same reason why some one would want to study a bachelor course or a diploma course!!!
Thats not at all an excuse to reject an application don't you think!? Why wouldn't a foreigner study a diploma course in their own country and then apply for bachelors in Canada?! Why wouldn't someone study bachelors and then apply for masters in Canada!?

I'm still not convinced! I mean, after the secondary course I'm gonna do one year of university transfer which leads to my second year of bachelors. Why wouldn't I be granted a visa? I have no criminal status, I have good statement of purpose, I even know which university I'm going to join after this college! I have contacted them all I have a 5 year plan ahead of me!
could you please tell me why would they think anything like that?!

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

You need to chill out man. Apply for a student permit as per the rules. If the vo thinks you are a genuine student who will return to his home country after finishing the course you will get your visa otherwise it will be rejected. The same rules apply like any other student permit application.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
It will give the impression that

1. You are not a serious student

2. You have immigrant intent

PMM is right with his/her assessment.