+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adr help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How long does it take for a review of documents?
I suspect you know the answer to this - no-one knows, and it's not about how long it takes them to review the documents, but how long it takes them to get to it (how much other stuff they have on their desk/other urgent matters). And then after that - what matters to you - how much time to get/issue final decision and issue e.g. passport request (assuming of course they don't want something more).

So might be fast, might not. Most important thing is that HK seems to be moving and not closed due to covid.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Ready to upload documents. How long does it take for a review of documents? I showed emails between me and the pet company from initial rapport to price and procedure. I have many emails but would showing 4-5 emails with cat company be sufficient? Also, showed three brand new cat carriers we purchasedand had around the apartment for a few weeks now so the cats can become accustomed to them and get us to sleeping in them. Took photos of the carriers with cats near then.Next,I showed a bank transfer into my mothers bank account. I cannot get a joint account set up until we both are in Canada. I also have emails from a BMO rep saying we both need to be in Canada to set up an account. I will attach that email as well. Attached my wifes and my resignation letters. I explained regarding their dispose of assets, we dont own the apartment here,we dont own a vehicle. Only assets left are clothes and some cash. I also showed a few jobs I applied for through email and got acknowlegdement that my application for each job was received. I explained our rental contract in current appartment ends in June. Also showed emails back and forth from realtors and also emails from different rental units. Hope this closes the deal!
Wow this seems rather calm yet efficient. You listened minus the job resignations but not bad. You're cats are more prepared than you right now. Hit the send button and just wait. You know no one knows when you'll hear back.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Regarding emails betweent pet company, and realtors and jobs applied for how many emails is enough?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Regarding emails betweent pet company, and realtors and jobs applied for how many emails is enough?
In all seriousness, if you haven't done - make a cover page that is basically a list of stuff in the package.

The job is to make it easy for them - cover page bullet points has eg a point "Moving arrangements - pets - correspondence regarding cat transport." And etc, point by point.

That way what the officer is seeing is that you have a list, they can jump to document four (or whatever), and see it is some sort of moving arrangements for the cats.

The point is: don't make them read all this correspondence in detail - they don't want to and will put it off if they have to wade through it all. They look at the heading on the cover page, check to see the document is there, and what it is about. They might look at one or two documents in detail and leaf through the rest, but basically use your cover page to let them see arrangements are being made and their check is mostly done.

Save them time and make their job easy and there's a better chance it will get done quickly without being assignd to the pile of Dostoyevsky novels to get to someday.

Reactions: YVR123

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Ready to upload documents. How long does it take for a review of documents?

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There are few sponsorship applicants and students applying from the mainland at the present time due
to covid concerns, geopolitical issues, quarantine issues, and costs. Previously the spousal files (from the mainland)
ended up going through the HK visa office and they are efficient.

I'm guessing once they have received your documents and go through the review process, if
they like what you have submitted and have no further requests and with some luck, you should
receive pre-arrival and PPR within a few months........ Could be back home before summer.

It's all good if you don't hear from them.
Though, I'm a little surprised they didn't request the original notarized and translated red book documents?

Reactions: armoured

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Please I need help if someone is available. Where must I upload ADR? Webform or Gckey? Additional documents were requested and for the past 4 weeks it says additional documents have been uploaded. Nothing again