+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR for PCC

emrob

Oct 10, 2019
I got an ADR recently asking me to submit a PCC. The ADR message seems a little vague (to me) and has me confused with which PCC they're asking for.

This is what the ADR states:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate From India. This must be received by this office by : 2022/06/04"

Are they asking me to submit a PCC for all countries where the residence period has been more than 6 months since the age of 18? Or just an updated PCC from India ?

The IRCC website says PCC's are only required from countries where I've spent more than 6 months in the last 10 years or since the age of 18.

I stayed in Dubai for a few years but left in 2009. I did not submit a Dubai PCC during my AOR as it had been more than 10 years since I left. I want to know if I need to submit the Dubai PCC now even though its been over 13 years since leaving Dubai or only submit the updated Indian PCC.

This has been giving me sleepless nights and any assistance with this is really helpful.

Thank You!

emrob

Oct 10, 2019
Can anyone help? It's going to cost me like 350 - 400 USD to get my PCC from Dubai.

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I got an ADR recently asking me to submit a PCC. The ADR message seems a little vague (to me) and has me confused with which PCC they're asking for.

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate From India. This must be received by this office by : 2022/06/04"

Are they asking me to submit a PCC for all countries where the residence period has been more than 6 months since the age of 18? Or just an updated PCC from India ?

The IRCC website says PCC's are only required from countries where I've spent more than 6 months in the last 10 years or since the age of 18.

I stayed in Dubai for a few years but left in 2009. I did not submit a Dubai PCC during my AOR as it had been more than 10 years since I left. I want to know if I need to submit the Dubai PCC now even though its been over 13 years since leaving Dubai or only submit the updated Indian PCC.

This has been giving me sleepless nights and any assistance with this is really helpful.

Thank You!
If it's giving you sleepless nights, why not just go ahead and submit one?
There should be no harm in it but would cost you some money.

Reactions: emrob

A&F

May 1, 2022
I got the exact same adr. In my case I left South Africa in 2007.Do i really need to submit a South African Police Clearance Certificate its been 15 years.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have got same adr request. in this case I believe since they have singled out and mentioned only one country thats all we would need but then again its ircc and being extra cautious wont harm. inputs from more senior members can shed more light

wennichnur

Apr 29, 2022
Similar for me.

I think they just repeat the general condition "Every country ..." before stating the specific country that they're interested in.

This is my case: I had filed two police certificates, country A and B. I left country A 9.5 years before I submitted my application and had lived in country B until I left for Canada. I have been waiting for 1.5 years since I submitted my application. It is now 11 years ago that I left country A. Recently, I was asked for an updated police certificate for country B. So, I think, country A dropped off the IRCC's radar since it is more than 10 years ago now.

emrob

Oct 10, 2019
Thank you @nemo123 and @wennichnur. I submitted a webform to IRCC asking for clarification. I will only get the Dubai PCC if IRCC specifically asks for it.For now, I will only submit my Indian PCC.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I got the exact same adr. In my case I left South Africa in 2007.Do i really need to submit a South African Police Clearance Certificate its been 15 years.
The PCC for every country you had lived for more than 6 months is needed no matter how long have you left that country.

khushwant singh

Dec 23, 2019

Thank You!
Did you get your PPR? Any more ADRs?