+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admitted to a better university, but already applied for student visa!!!

manansheel

Oct 3, 2016
Hello,
This is Manan sheel. I was earlier accepted into the MEng program in ECE at the UWindsor for Winter 2017. I had also applied to the University of Western Ontario. I thought I had very less chances of being admitted to Western Ontario and it's result was taking very long ::)
So, I submitted my student visa application with UWindsor on 2nd October, 2016 ::)

Now, the very next day (3rd October), I got acceptance from Western Ontario which is a better university :-\
I want to enroll in the University of Western Ontario....What should I do for it? Should I withdraw the previous application and start a new one? Or is there a procedure to modify my application?

I had also paid one sem fees to the UWindsor for financial proof of studies :eek:...but that can be refund, as I have read due to negative credit... ::)
Is it right? Please Please Please answer my questions...It would be a big help... :-* :p

faredtsbc

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
For changing universities it is not problem, once you get your study permit you can change your institution online.
The second question I have no answer

manansheel

Oct 3, 2016
Are you sure about it??
And isn't it better that I submit a new application, as some documents in my application will change due to university change??

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Don't worry about it.

Just read this!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

manansheel

Oct 3, 2016
Thanks harvijay1001, I got it, but can I use this option when the application is still under processing...And I have also included fee receipt from the previous university in my visa application...when should I do this transfer DLI option, It has only been 2 days that I have submitted my visa application...

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Why do you want to do it now and confuse the visa officer?

Let your visa come through. Just wait.

Then carry your new letter of acceptance and show that at the airport when you're issued a study permit

Don't do anything right now!

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
harvijay1001 said:

Then carry your new letter of acceptance and show that at the airport when you're issued a study permit

is there any thing on the study permit related to your institute? I mean do they mention the name of the institute on your study permit or is it just a general document? and is it necessary to tell the CBSA officer about your new institute or you can just get the study permit and then change your institute?

pkishan1990

Jul 29, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I heard that it will create problem while getting pr? is this true?

I will be applying for study visa next week and then will change to Carleton University after reaching there.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
pkishan1990 said:
Guys I heard that it will create problem while getting pr? is this true?

I will be applying for study visa next week and then will change to Carleton University after reaching there.
1. Improper documentation and mistakes in filling forms cause problems in getting PR. Also in this case, changing from a master's at university A to master's at university B is perfectly legal. Changing from master's at A to diploma at college C can be seen as problematic, although no concrete evidence to that so far

nouman6269 said:
is there any thing on the study permit related to your institute? I mean do they mention the name of the institute on your study permit or is it just a general document? and is it necessary to tell the CBSA officer about your new institute or you can just get the study permit and then change your institute?
I don't know about that but it's okay both ways, whether you change it at the port of entry only or later change it online

pdvirk

Oct 4, 2016
@manansheel, may i know for what program are you accepted at UWO, I read that you have applied for M.Eng in ECE, As i had also applied for M>Eng in ECE, Power systems at UWO and got accepted for Jan-2017 term.

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
harvijay1001 said:

Did u hear anything from University of Ottawa Cmputer sciences admissions ?
I am still waiting and i am still waiting for Dalhousie MACS...do u know anyone who got offered for any of them recently ?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
waitingwaiting said:
Did u hear anything from University of Ottawa Cmputer sciences admissions ?
I am still waiting and i am still waiting for Dalhousie MACS...do u know anyone who got offered for any of them recently ?
Yeah! I got an admit from uOttawa.

No man. haven't heard of anybody else admitted to Dalhousie