+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission transfer query

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi All...
I am international student and got my.study visa for Jan 2018 intake in one of universities in ontario. Though I have got recently offer letter for my.phd which is for March 2018 intake in one of the unis in Alberta. I have some query as:

1. How can I transfer my masters admission to master by reseach programme?
2. Do I have to go personally to transfer in Jan or whether is it possiblr to transfer it online and its ok to travel foin march?
3. My phd professor is ready to offer volunteer work for Jan and feb so if I will terminate my admission for Jan intake course, will this volunteer work to my phd wil be ok or that will create problem to my study permit?
4. If I will travel around 27th dec, will I get enough accomodation as uni will be closed due toXmas and if not then what is best time to travel for Jan as I only need to transfer my admission fromthat univerdit

Please please help me. No agent revert back with satisfactory response. Expert advice is needed

Thank you so much for your great help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Notify CIC that you are changing schools and programs: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp
2. See above.
3. Yes - it's a problem. You cannot do work of any kind (paid or unpaid) until you start your classes in March.
4. Yes - you can travel in December. But again, keep in mind that you cannot work until March. So you will have to bring enough money to support yourself without working during the first few months in Canada.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
1. Notify CIC that you are changing schools and programs: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp
2. See above.
3. Yes - it's a problem. You cannot do work of any kind (paid or unpaid) until you start your classes in March.
4. Yes - you can travel in December. But again, keep in mind that you cannot work until March. So you will have to bring enough money to support yourself without working during the first few months in Canada.
Thanku so much for your response.
For ur reply on 3rd query, even if its part of my march intake programme, I can not work???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanku so much for your response.
For ur reply on 3rd query, even if its part of my march intake programme, I can not work???
Any work must begin after your program starts. You cannot work ahead of starting full time classes. If your program officially starts in March - then you cannot work until then.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
N lets say if orientation starts for 1st university arounf 4th jan so before that Do I have to intimate University that I am planning to transfer my admission or will it be ok to reach by deadline like 14th jan?
N if I can show that I can survive on my own during jan and feb by showing them enough funds then will that be ok or will this create negative impression? And during these 2 months, where I hv to stay ontario or Alberta??