+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission rescind

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello,
I have got an admission in Phd at university of Regina . After 2 months of approving me as his PhD student , and having the admission letter in my passion , my professor decided to conduct a technical interview to check my knowledge of my discipline .
I want to know if I don’t satisfy him in the interview then can he revoke my admission

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have got an admission in Phd at university of Regina . After 2 months of approving me as his PhD student , and having the admission letter in my passion , my professor decided to conduct a technical interview to check my knowledge of my discipline .
I want to know if I don’t satisfy him in the interview then can he revoke my admission
Yes.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And your reason
You asked a yes or no question. If the professor, and possibly your advisor, doesn't want to work with you nor feel you are knowledgeable enough, the professor can talk to the dean who can talk to the committee and rescind your admission.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
Yes.
He's trying to find out if he can work with you and if your technical knowledge is lacking, then he could ask to revoke your admission.

Reactions: Naturgrl

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Yes.
He's trying to find out if he can work with you and if your technical knowledge is lacking, then he could ask to revoke your admission.
Would I have a chance to take a legal action against university for first giving me an admission and wasting my time

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Would I have a chance to take a legal action against university for first giving me an admission and wasting my time
I suppose you could try, but Canada isn't a particularly litigious country. It's not like you would be entitled to an eathshattering sum of money or be able to force him to work with you.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would be pointless. You'd waste thousands of dollars on a lawyer and get nothing in return. Canada is not a litigious country.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you might have to sue his ass
Admission to university is not guaranteed. If you weren’t able to show sufficient technical knowledge that is grounds to rescind your offer of admission. If you passed the technical knowledge test yet the offer was rescinded then you could try to appeal to the university to keep your admission but not for monetary compensation. Yes I know this is a troll.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
maybe concentrate on brushing up your techical first for now. You haven't even had the interview.
I know and I m confident I will pass majority of it , its
Admission to university is not guaranteed. If you weren’t able to show sufficient technical knowledge that is grounds to rescind your offer of admission. If you passed the technical knowledge test yet the offer was rescinded then you could try to appeal to the university to keep your admission but not for monetary compensation. Yes I know this is a troll.
yes but admission has been given and it’s been two months. Before the admission, I had a Skype conversation with the professor and he didn’t ask any technical questions . After applying, he send me an approval email followed by the email from university with an official conditional letter and I full filed all the conditions, and now all of sudden he decided to conduct a technical interview to see my level of preparedness when it’s only less than 3 months left in starting of the semester

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Sean Fraser

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022

yes but admission has been given and it’s been two months. Before the admission, I had a Skype conversation with the professor and he didn’t ask any technical questions . After applying, he send me an approval email followed by the email from university with an official conditional letter and I full filed all the conditions, and now all of sudden he decided to conduct a technical interview to see my level of preparedness when it’s only less than 3 months left in starting of the semester
Ultimately the decision to admit is the university’s so there’s really nothing you can do. You can try to sue if you want but I highly doubt a lawsuit like this will prosper.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

I have come across several applicants here who have received letters of admission only to be revoked because of different reasons (mostly, because the DLI claims the program is full). These things happen and I'm not sure following legal action could benefit you in the long run. It might be better to talk it out with your DLI if things go south in the interview. Good luck!