+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission for those with a very low percentage

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Anyone know any universities or colleges on the DLI list that will accept a student who scored less than 45% in his undergraduate studies? Any province (except Quebec) and any program that's at least 12 months long.

Would be of great help if anyone had any suggestions. None of the agents and consultants where I live have been helpfull.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone know any universities or colleges on the DLI list that will accept a student who scored less than 45% in his undergraduate studies? Any province (except Quebec) and any program that's at least 12 months long.

Would be of great help if anyone had any suggestions. None of the agents and consultants where I live have been helpfull.
Forget about universities.

I think that's too low unfortunately for a public college as well. You would probably need to apply to a private college (they will accept anyone pretty much). However attending a private college generally means you won't qualify for a PGWP and you often also cannot count this education towards PR. So it's pretty useless unless you have no plans on remaining in Canada after you finish your studies and no plans on applying for PR.

If you are able to find a school to accept you, then you still have to get the study permit approved. Even if a school accepts you, you're still at risk of IRCC rejecting you due to the low score.

Do you have any work experience? If so, how many years? If you are an experienced professional (e.g. 10+ years of experience), then your marks will matter less.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

45% is close to a death sentence. I applied apply to public schools outside popular college and cities to increase your chances.