+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission deferred after getting study permit

May 16, 2018
Hello members,

Can you please advice on below two questions:

1) I have study permit stamped on my pp valid from jan 2018 to jan 2020, but i have deferred my admission from jan 2018 winter intake to sep 2018 fall intake. so will i face any issue at port of entry as long as i have deferral admit letter from college ?

2) I want my wife to accompany me , so shall i apply for her visitor visa as spouse after i move there or can i apply for her visitor visa now and we can move there together ?

Thanks in advance, would appreciate your valuable suggestions.

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hello members,

1) I have study permit stamped on my pp valid from jan 2018 to jan 2020, but i have deferred my admission from jan 2018 winter intake to sep 2018 fall intake. so will i face any issue at port of entry as long as i have deferral admit letter from college ?

2) I want my wife to accompany me , so shall i apply for her visitor visa as spouse after i move there or can i apply for her visitor visa now and we can move there together ?

I don’t think so, I also have the same situation, I got my study permit last year and I defer my course to this year and I’m planning to travel to Canada and start my studies this September

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Hello members,

If you have deferred letter, there should be any problem. Most Canadian Immigration officers are friendly and warm. For your wife, why dont you apply SOWP?

Good Luck.