+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission deferment

Discussion in 'Education' started by Esthernamso, May 20, 2019.

  1. I have been offered admission in Mount Allison University, Canada. And I have applied for my study visa though not yet approved.

    Please when I get the visa, can I defer for a year to work before I start school? If yes, will it affect anything? Would I be able to get PR after two years?
  2. You cannot defer admission to a university to work for a year in Canada under a study permit.
  3. If you are not ready to study, you can work in your country for a year and re-apply for your study visa. You can contact your university to see if they allow defer of admission.
    Your study visa (if approved) is only valid if you start and continue your full time study.
  4. Thanks
  5. You should be talking to the university to see if they allow you to defer. You should also be speaking to your university to defer before your semester start date regardless as to when you hear about your permit.

Share This Page