+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADMISSIBILITY HEARING

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
If you sign a legal waiver of your right to be paid and determine to work on a non-salaried basis, I dont think it is an offence but correct me if I am wrong. Legally speaking - the individual legally waived his right to be paid even though it is normally paid.

NB: Volunteers do jobs that are normally paid. I know bell has volunteer jobs that have strict interviewing processes etc.

But I see ur point PMM, the job was not originally advertised as a volunteer position but I am sure there are legal ways around these things...
If the person (volunteering/working) is performing a role that would normally be paid, or it could be performed by a Canadian for pay - it is considered work.
Also note that "pay" is not always money.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chibiks said:
If you sign a legal waiver of your right to be paid and determine to work on a non-salaried basis, I dont think it is an offence but correct me if I am wrong. Legally speaking - the individual legally waived his right to be paid even though it is normally paid.

NB: Volunteers do jobs that are normally paid. I know bell has volunteer jobs that have strict interviewing processes etc.

But I see ur point PMM, the job was not originally advertised as a volunteer position but I am sure there are legal ways around these things...
Your wrong, you can volunteer, as in my previous post, if anyone else doing the same position was paid, then you require a work permit. It is the same for "unpaid internships" a foreign national requires a work permit to enter Canada to take that position, as by taking a foreign national, the company limits the opportunities for Canadians. You may wish to read the Foreign Worker Manual starting at page 22 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Unfortunately, God has nothing to do with the immigration laws of Canada.

You committed a crime. Working illegally (that is without a work visa) is a CRIME!!!

However the crime occurred, mistake or ignorance, it does not alter the fact you were working illegally. A judge may be sympathetic to your cause and indeed even agree with you but the law is the law. Even God cannot alter the law in this case.

I am sorry you got caught up in a mess but I believe you really did know what you were doing was wrong, just got unlucky and got caught.

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
but i think,they will give me another chance cos they didnot deport me at the time they caught me,its already 2 months now,since then....im just new here in canada,but i was lay off on my 1st employer,i worked for 2 days only with them,thats why i want to find some job for my living.i have another lmo now and we applied already for my work permit,but i was caught when im waiting for my WP///....

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
im just being me,thats my instinct...cos if they want me to leave after they catch me,but then im still here,its already two now,maybe being optimistic is good.,than always being negative...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timi_alain said:
im just being me,thats my instinct...cos if they want me to leave after they catch me,but then im still here,its already two now,maybe being optimistic is good.,than always being negative...
I think you are being OVERLY optimistic.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
timi_alain said:

There is a legal route to deportation, this 2 month wait is just part of the law.

Seriously, my final say, there is a 99% chance you will get deported. No matter how much you pray or convince yourself, start packing.

Just a note: You are not indispensable to Canada, you do not have any rights to work in Canada, you broke the laws of Canada, Canada does not need people whom flout their immigration rules in Canada.

Good Luck.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
There is a legal route to deportation, this 2 month wait is just part of the law.

Seriously, my final say, there is a 99% chance you will get deported. No matter how much you pray or convince yourself, start packing.

Just a note: You are not indispensable to Canada, you do not have any rights to work in Canada, you broke the laws of Canada, Canada does not need people whom flout their immigration rules in Canada.

Good Luck.
Unlikely to get a deportation order, more likely departure or exclusion, I would bet on departure.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
angelbrat said:

Good Luck.
Let's not beat up the person either, most likely s/he'll be asked to kindly leave Canada, now if s/he wants to believe this is not going to happen, then let's just her/him be. We'll hear about the outcome any-time soon anyway.

EDIT: Re-reading my post maybe I didn't really get your post well, forgive me if I mistakenly took your opinion as a "beat-up" nothing further from my intentions.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...