No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Dear Admin, Members and Readers,

I am relatively new to this forum. I honor the time, dedication, devotion and commitment you people have for the forum to make it look more vivid, active and alive. I recently got a chance to browse through some of the thread pages and with every page passing, I have realized the content deviating bit by bit from the subject. To some of the threads there is no link from the top most page, subject and the last page because some of the threads are extended to > 1000 pages.

Does not it make complicated for new comers to follow any specific thread? As happened yesterday, it also helps the spasm to publish their shxt over here. If thread are short, that kind of stuff could be easily pin pointed and abolished.

Dont you people feel that in order to make the thread coherent, easy to comprehend, brief, simple and to the point; there might be some limit for the length of a thread? I believe that having in mind the expertise of few members, after merely a few posts from them [10-20 pages] one may have crystal clear solution of his/her query if some one wants to but for the sake of discussion it even could be extended to 40-50 page; if there is still felt a need for that.

Can we our self take initiative of commencing new post after the maximum limit for a thread reaches so that most of the people can take benefit from the forum with out sticking to it most of the time; merely by following a few pages. Its also convenient to stick to the subject and the core concern.

Best Regards

PS: The objective of post is not to start any debate about pros and cons of thread length but merely express ones opinion & experience; positive criticism is always welcomed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think the long threads are very important and have to be allowed to exist because this is how those who applied at similar times / through similar visa offices keep each other informed on their progress, share information, and help each other when they run into problems. A few example of such threads (there are many) are:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2012-2013-t103544.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.0.html

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
I think it depends on the thread. There could be a point where responses are saturated for those one-off questions and I would agree that at times the conversation can get diverted, I think I may have been the culprit of that at least once (my bad). However, I like that the thread for my Visa office extends over a few years rather than a lot of different threads about experiences that Visa office. I can read back on other peoples experiences in one place.