+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Administrative Review

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
Eligibility review. I applied for a study permit oct 2022 but was sent a refusal letter. Now I applied this month for a review but I’m yet to get any messages or even see and information concerning this on my IRCC account

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Eligibility review. I applied for a study permit oct 2022 but was sent a refusal letter. Now I applied this month for a review but I’m yet to get any messages or even see and information concerning this on my IRCC account
So it has not started eligibility review yet. No issue if you just applied. Wait a few weeks. Assume you had GCMS notes to address all reasons for refusal and maybe change programs.

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
So you mean I should apply for GCMS notes to address the issue for the administrative review right? Though I believe a representative has been contacted to handle the review process from within Canada. Please what is the best advice concerning this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you mean I should apply for GCMS notes to address the issue for the administrative review right? Though I believe a representative has been contacted to handle the review process from within Canada. Please what is the best advice concerning this?
No you would have applied for GCMS notes after the first refusal. You would have addressed all reasons for refusal in your new application. Not sure what you mean a rep has been contacted. All you can do is wait.

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
I have applied for a deferral to resume in Fall 2023. Though I was to resume this winter 2023. I have also paid my tuition fees and all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for a deferral to resume in Fall 2023. Though I was to resume this winter 2023. I have also paid my tuition fees and all
Can't comment since don't know reasons for refusal or your profile. All you can do is wait. If you have a consultant then ask him or her.

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
I mean a lawyer and though I don’t know if he/she applied for the GCMS but I want to believe so

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
Hello
Not so sure which it is but I know I was told it’s a review to overturn the refusal to my study visa application.

Jae2022

Jan 29, 2023
This was the reason that was stated for the refusal
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

And it doesn’t make any sense because my proof of funds were very solid. Also the decision came within a month after my biometric was done

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This was the reason that was stated for the refusal
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

And it doesn’t make any sense because my proof of funds were very solid. Also the decision came within a month after my biometric was done
So you don’t know what your lawyer is doing. Maybe ask. Your lawyer either reapplied or a procedural review through courts. A judicial review doesn’t over turn the decision. It just means that an officer will review your file again. How much are you paying this lawyer?

When you say funds are solid…are they yours in personal bank accounts? Are they enough funds to fund your tuition without working?