+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adequate proof for leaving Canada when course finishes

Whisper

Aug 15, 2007
Hello,

I've received my letter of approval for a study permit from the Canadian embassy in London for a 1 year Ministry degree at a university in New Brunswick. I'm just concerned about what to show to the immigration officer when I get there to prove that I will return to the UK when I finish.

I do not have a job to go back to and currently I do not know what I will be doing when I finish. I used to work as an engineer but I am now training in Church ministry but have no idea where this will lead when the course finishes.

I own a house in the UK which will be looked after by lodgers whilst I'm away. Would showing my mortgage statement or some other proof of owning the house be sufficient evidence of my intention to return? What else could I do?

Thanks,

John

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
That's the $1mil question everyone wants to know. But there's no guaranteed answer or everyone would be using it.

Your proof of home ownership will go a long way to proving your intent to return. But you should also have concrete plans. A one year course is not so long that you can't imagine what you will be doing afterwards. I suggest you give it some thought and be ready to explain what you'll be doing for your Church upon return.

Good luck!