+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addressing the Police Clearance Certificates

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian expat living in Qatar applying for Canada Immigration. I was about to apply for Police Clearance Certificate from Qatar and in the application form, I have to fill up "To submit to" option where I have to mention the office to which the PCC should be addressed. As these details are not mentioned anywhere in the CIC website, can any one please help me out ? Also, is it required to submit PCC while applying for NSNP and OINP? I went through the guide lines for both and its mentioned nowhere.

Regards,
Sreeraj

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is an additional letter along with your PCC application? If so this letter needs to be addressed to the embassy itself requesting an Indian PCC for the purpose of Canada permanent residency application.

Hope this helps.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Dear Bram,

I was asking about getting a PCC from Qatar for immigrating to Canada. I am living in Qatar for past 3 years and hence I need to submit PCC from here and India. I had taken Indian PCC through Indian embassy in Qatar. I just had to mention the purpose in request form along with the country for which it needs to be issued (Canada). But for Qatar, you have to mention the specific office to which it needs to be addressed, along with the purpose. I believe that official documents like PCC needs to be addressed to "Citizenship and Immigration Canada" but I am not sure about it.

Regards,
Sreeraj

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah now I understand what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on this one. Lets wait for other members to comment on this.

Good luck.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
or
Consulate General of Canada

My Indian PCC was addressed to "The Consulate General of Canada".

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you are living in Qatar, (assuming it's a FSW application), your PR visa will ultimately be processed through the Abu Dhabi office -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Otherwise, the suggest using the address at CIO-Sydney, as they do intake and assess completeness before it is sent out for processing -

IRCC - Centralized Intake Office
196 George Street
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada

You probably don't need this, but it might not hurt to have - since it confirms that the PCC should be issued to YOU, not mailed to IRCC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf