+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address update?

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I am one of the many Sept/Oct/Nov applicants waiting to receive my AOR. My lease at my current place is up in a month, and I'll be staying with my brother until I'm allowed to move up to Canada. He's also planning on buying a house within the next few months so we may be moving then as well (I'm sure he's thrilled for the extra help lol). Do I need to submit anything to change my address for my application? I'm hoping I at least get my AOR before I move, but whether I do or not, do they need an updated address? Would I need to do that twice or just forward my mail to his current place for a couple months and then send them an updated address one time after he finds a house?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am one of the many Sept/Oct/Nov applicants waiting to receive my AOR. My lease at my current place is up in a month, and I'll be staying with my brother until I'm allowed to move up to Canada. He's also planning on buying a house within the next few months so we may be moving then as well (I'm sure he's thrilled for the extra help lol). Do I need to submit anything to change my address for my application? I'm hoping I at least get my AOR before I move, but whether I do or not, do they need an updated address? Would I need to do that twice or just forward my mail to his current place for a couple months and then send them an updated address one time after he finds a house?
You can update your address over webform. They don't usually send much mail - almost all email - so up to you to decide when it makes sense to do so. (This is assuming you are remaining in your country of residence)

Probably best to update in due course but for most purposes, not urgent.

Reactions: Ganbaro

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Got it. I just wasn't sure if they needed my place of residence for their records. I suppose I'll get it updated once my brother finds a house and we're done moving around. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: armoured

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
@sgp1986 Hey..i am in a similar situation and waiting for aor for my spouse sponsorship approval(outland). She is in india.

But my lease expired. I am moving this month end to a different city. should i update my address now or can i do it later?

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
@sgp1986 Hey..i am in a similar situation and waiting for aor for my spouse sponsorship approval(outland). She is in india.

But my lease expired. I am moving this month end to a different city. should i update my address now or can i do it later?
When I moved to my brothers, I had my mail forwarded through USPS. I didn't change my address until I was in Canada.