+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address question on CIT0002 - Moved out but did not change address

wix

Apr 12, 2018
Hi,

I plan to apply for citizenship soon. There was one period (6 months) that I was not residing in Canada, and did not have a lease. However, I did not change the address with driver license/bank/phone/revenue agencies etc., and still had the old address with them, although I had moved out. That was before when I became a PR.

I am wondering which address should I say on the CIT0002 form for this period? The old Canadian address, or the address abroad?

Thanks in advance!

wix

Apr 12, 2018
I was travelling during that time, so I actually do not have any "official" residential address for that period.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I was travelling during that time, so I actually do not have any "official" residential address for that period.
If you were travelling for 6 months, then you count it in the presence calculator and not in the application. If more than 183 days, then you'll need a PCC.

wix

Apr 12, 2018
If you were travelling for 6 months, then you count it in the presence calculator and not in the application. If more than 183 days, then you'll need a PCC.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I did include all these in the calculator. I'm just wondering for the "addresses in the last 4 years", what should I put for this period?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I would liken the scenario to someone who was laid off or quit their job and just traveled for a number of months and then came back. They didn't want to pay rent in the time they were gone, so didn't have an address. Perhaps a gap is shown in the application along with an explanation. Perhaps one of the application experts will chime in soon.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi,

I plan to apply for citizenship soon. There was one period (6 months) that I was not residing in Canada, and did not have a lease. However, I did not change the address with driver license/bank/phone/revenue agencies etc., and still had the old address with them, although I had moved out. That was before when I became a PR.

I am wondering which address should I say on the CIT0002 form for this period? The old Canadian address, or the address

It was before you became PR and I am assuming this time period comes within your eligibility period. To avoid trouble don't give the canadian address because you ended the lease and moved out so that will be very misleading. If you didnt stay in a house overseas and travelling then give hotel address, you must be staying somewhere. Give the address of the place wherever you were staying, either house or hotel.
Hi,

I am wondering which address should I say on the CIT0002 form for this period? The old Canadian address, or the address abroad?

Thanks in advance!
It was before you became PR and I am assuming this time period comes within your eligibility period. To avoid trouble don't give the canadian address because you ended the lease and moved out so that will be very misleading. If you didnt stay in a house overseas and travelling then give hotel address, you must be staying somewhere. Give the address of the place wherever you were staying, either house or hotel.