Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Another question: I am sure this is just the beginning of my many questions... ;)

Currently, I the sponsor am the one with the steady address in Ottawa, Canada. My wife is in the USA, on F-1 status, and will need to move to another address in the USA in July when her appartment lease expires. Of course, it would be great if our application were finalized by then, but this isn't likely.

I would very much like to avoid sending a change of address part way through the application process. Is there any reason why HER mailing address can't be listed as my address in Ottawa? Will the Buffalo office send any updates, requests for info. etc, for her part of the application, accross the border into Canada?

Has anybody had any success requesting that all correspondence be sent via email instead of regular main?

Currently, I am an Ontario resident. I am strongly considering a move accross the river to Quebec and applying as a Quebec resident. I want my wife to enter Canada as a Quebec resident since she plans to attend U. Montreal for graduate school ( as many as 5 years ) and Montreal is a very good center for both her career and mine. Does anyone foresee any problems with this plan? Will the Quebec officials give me trouble for making a quick move before I submit my application?

Thanks in advance for the help.

james9655

Nov 8, 2009
"I would very much like to avoid sending a change of address part way through the application process."

I don't know why you feel so strongly about that...It was a simple matter to change my wife's address...just an email to the embassy. I don't know about her using your address, but I think it would be much simpler just to send a change of address when it happens.

I don't know about the Quebec question, but I doubt very much that there would be a problem.

Good Luck

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
annabruce said:
I would very much like to avoid sending a change of address part way through the application process. Is there any reason why HER mailing address can't be listed as my address in Ottawa? Will the Buffalo office send any updates, requests for info. etc, for her part of the application, accross the border into Canada?
That is what we did, and there was no problem at all. Our application was being processed in São Paulo, Brazil; my residential address was the one in Brazil and the mailing address was the one in Canada. The only letter that the Visa Office sent (the AOR letter) we received in Canada with no problems.

annabruce said:
Has anybody had any success requesting that all correspondence be sent via email instead of regular main?
I didn't make a request but other than the AOR letter all the correspondence between the Visa Office and me was by e-mail.

I assume that by indicating the e-mail address on the form IMM 0008 Generic ("Application for Permanent Residence" - page 1, question 17), they may use that for correspondence.

EDIT: Actually, the AOR letter was not the only one to be sent to Canada, but I forgot to mention... They also returned - by regular mail - all the pictures we sent with the sponsorship; and, later on, the passport with the visa stamped on it, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and some other papers when the process was completed, but then I had to pay for the passport to go to Brazil and come back to Canada by FedEx. :)