+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address problem

JoeOsu

Mar 28, 2018
I think I am in a jam.

I live (primarily) in city B in GTA. My last five tax filings (Revenue Canada), including the last one done just last month, has my address in city B. My last PR Card renewal was done with my city B and address and it was processed and sent back to me in record time. Revenue Canada, my current/past employer, my bank/credit card companies have my address in City B.

However due to very high auto insurance in city B my vehicle and thus my driver license has my family address in city H. City H address was never mentioned in my PR Card renewal. But now I am planning to apply for citizenship... I intend to use city B address since that's the one Revenue Canada has on file for me. I don't intend to use my driver license for ID since it has city H address. I plan to use my (Ontario) health card that does not have any address on it. Will I run into any problem? I am peeing in my pant as I type this.

Please Help. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Since IRCC is a federal agency they couldn't care less that you "keep forgetting to change your address", since that really is just a provincial requirement.

Reactions: JoeOsu

JoeOsu

Mar 28, 2018
Since IRCC is a federal agency they couldn't care less that you "keep forgetting to change your address", since that really is just a provincial requirement.
Sir/ma'am... you just took a huge load off my weary mind. I have been worrying. Thank you very much.

saumil22

Oct 13, 2016
I think I am in a jam.

I live (primarily) in city B in GTA. My last five tax filings (Revenue Canada), including the last one done just last month, has my address in city B. My last PR Card renewal was done with my city B and address and it was processed and sent back to me in record time. Revenue Canada, my current/past employer, my bank/credit card companies have my address in City B.

However due to very high auto insurance in city B my vehicle and thus my driver license has my family address in city H. City H address was never mentioned in my PR Card renewal. But now I am planning to apply for citizenship... I intend to use city B address since that's the one Revenue Canada has on file for me. I don't intend to use my driver license for ID since it has city H address. I plan to use my (Ontario) health card that does not have any address on it. Will I run into any problem? I am peeing in my pant as I type this.

Please Help. Thanks in Advance.
Hey I am having the same issue. I know many years passed but did this create an issue for you? Thanks