+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address on solemn declaration for never received PR card

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Dear All

As my renewed PR card was lost in mail (never received) - I will be submitting a solemn declaration for never received PR card.
I am currently abroad though. I wonder if "permanent address" in the declaration could be a mailing address rather than residential address (with explanation below that it is a mailing address)?
The form does not specify "residential" or "mailing" - it just asks for "permanent address".
So, as long as clarification is included, it should be OK to indicate mailing address?

I do not mind indicating an address abroad, and picking up the card in person - but I do not think the format of the declaration allows indicating foreign address...
Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
The application must be originate from within Canada.
Thanks steaky
The PR card renewal application was submitted when I was in Canada (the rules are clear about this).
But I did not see anywhere that solemn declaration about never received PR card (that was sent by mail) should originate from Canada?

I think the point of the declaration is mainly for IRCC to cancel the ID card that was lost to prevent identity theft (unless it was returned to them)? Given that it would be counterproductive to delay submitting the declaration until I return to Canada?

There are different rules what to do if the card was lost abroad. But the card was not lost abroad - it was lost by Canada Post, in Canada...

Feb 13, 2022
hi,
i have never received my PR card, and moved to india in October, 2021 and i have done canada post mail forwarding service but unfortunately the card was send to montreal address (address where i use to live when i was in montreal in 2020)
i have also send solemn declaration by fax from india but i have given Canadian address. but never receive any reply ?
is there any IRCC contact no to call from india.?

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hi,
i have never received my PR card, and moved to india in October, 2021 and i have done canada post mail forwarding service but unfortunately the card was send to montreal address (address where i use to live when i was in montreal in 2020)
i have also send solemn declaration by fax from india but i have given Canadian address. but never receive any reply ?
Hi
How long ago you sent your declaration? My understanding it takes a few months (similar to PR card renewal application processing time).
I think indicating a Canadian address without any clarification that you do not live there would be a type of mis-presentation.
Indicating clearly that this is a mailing and not residential address on the declaration is (I think) a better way to do this.

I do not think there is a good way of calling IRCC from abroad at the moment. However, you can submit a webform case-specific enquiry. I would actually use that form to also clarify that the address you indicated on the declaration is a mailing address...but this is up to you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi,
My understanding is that the PR card envelopes are stamped quite clearly 'do not forward' and Canada Post will not forward.

And IRCC will not send/forward to a foreign address. In fact if you apply for card from abroad/while abroad, it's possible they will not print a card for you at all. The solution - imperfect - is to get a PRTD when you need to return and apply for card upon arrival.

Obviously it will very much matter whether you are in compliance with residency obligation.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
In fact if you apply for card from abroad/while abroad, it's possible they will not print a card for you at all.
Thanks Armoured - do you know if this rule applies for solemn declaration? I could not find anywhere information about this.

Feb 13, 2022
Hi
How long ago you sent your declaration? My understanding it takes a few months (similar to PR card renewal application processing time).
I think indicating a Canadian address without any clarification that you do not live there would be a type of mis-presentation.
Indicating clearly that this is a mailing and not residential address on the declaration is (I think) a better way to do this.

I do not think there is a good way of calling IRCC from abroad at the moment. However, you can submit a webform case-specific enquiry. I would actually use that form to also clarify that the address you indicated on the declaration is a mailing address...but this is up to you.
hi have send my declaration about 2 week ago. and i did ask a person leaving at my old address. my profile that PR card send out on 21 october and my flight to india was on same day and i did applied while i was in canada,
i there any way to find out if my declaration is received. thanks

Reactions: Paula.lopezgo

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hi have send my declaration about 2 week ago. and i did ask a person leaving at my old address. my profile that PR card send out on 21 october and my flight to india was on same day and i did applied while i was in canada,
i there any way to find out if my declaration is received. thanks
I guess 2 weeks is way too short of a time based on current processing times. My understanding there is no way to validate that they received the declaration that was sent by fax (other than fax report suggesting that it went through) until they start processing it. Once they start processing, I believe the application will appear on ECAS again and the status would also change on GCkey.
At that stage it is then also probably possible to send a webform and receive update - but not before they start processing the declaration.