+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address on Passport

Dhyan21

Feb 13, 2013
Dear sir,

Please guide me on the following issue.

I am going to apply in new FSW program in may 2013 as a principal applicant. in my spouse's passport the address is diffrent as compare to address on my passport. is it acceptable or not??

Please guide me..

Thanks,

Dhyan

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its ok if passport addresses are different, but if u have time, its better to get the address changed for easier PCC later...

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Agreed with both of you friends, but it is always better to get the address changed. Else, passport office will always use the address that is on the passport to re-send it or any correspondance regarding your passport since they have your address as what is printed on the passport.

Whereas I know, there is a service with passport office in which you can apply for address change and you do not have to get a new passport, instead they put an endorsement stamp inside with new address and any information change you require. (not sure if rules have been changed or different. I was in (Chandigarh) India when i did that)

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the old procedure, d endorsement one.

Now, PSK (Passport Seva Kendras) which are managed by TCS (Tata Group) r responsible for any alterations in Passports, and for any change a New Passport is issued.

Moreover, CIC uses the same communication which has been updated in E-cas nd written in d application.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
You are right Amit, PSKs are there, but they are not everywhere. A few cities have this facility. Anyways, I was not talking about CIC, but passport office. Secondly, for the purpose of PCC, it would cause problems since police verification will be done at addresses mentioned on the passports, sometimes if the person is not living at that address, they would put negative remarks and it would delay the process unnecessarily.

In my case, i applied for address change for my wife and they put in a stamp inside the passport for new address, but sent them at the old address. It took me 3 weeks to figure out where the passport went since it was another post office and when it was sent back to the passport office, it was already a month and then again running and requesting it to be sent to new address. Crazy. So it is better if there is still time, get it changed.

Also, PCC is issued from the passport office, so it would be two-in-one..apply for address change as well as PCC at the same time. Police verification has to be done in both cases, so would save time as well.

Advice is for those who want to take it....others please ignore. Thank you very much.

amitsmeet said:
This is the old procedure, d endorsement one.

Now, PSK (Passport Seva Kendras) which are managed by TCS (Tata Group) r responsible for any alterations in Passports, and for any change a New Passport is issued.

Moreover, CIC uses the same communication which has been updated in E-cas nd written in d application.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that is true too.

U have settled in Canada?

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Yes in Canada, but not settled :D. Canadian employers do not give a s*** to what we have done in our country and even after working here for 1-1/2 years, i dont get any interview calls even.

amitsmeet said:
Yeah, that is true too.

U have settled in Canada?

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh!! this is shocking, we madly wait for d Visa's but seems the whole thing seems like an Oasis in a desert.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Yes, so be prepared for the worse... It also depends what is your professional field and where you land. Mine was a bit complicated.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if u dont mind, can u narrate it, will be helpful for me as well as other fellow members, only if u wish...

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I really do not want anybody to be discouraged, but this is fact. Grass always seems greener on the other side. I am earning less than what I was earning in India. God knows why he has sent me here. So, come well prepared, as you are on the final stages of your immigration process, start applying for jobs. If you think, you lack some skills example english is weak, work on it. Do not think, there is a dish ready for your and you just have to eat it. You have plough and then grow every ingredient of your dish you wish to eat.

I applied for 1000s of jobs, from restaurants to grocery stores, but did not get even a single interview call. After sitting idle for 2 months, I got this temp job through one of my relative's recommendation, as an assembler in a company and then got transferred to office based job of technical writer since he was in the board of the company. I kept on applying for jobs and it has been 1-1/2 years I have had just 2 interviews (one from a gas station and one from a call centre), but did not get it since I did not have direct customer care experience even though I had worked as a marketing manager for the company in India. I really regret my decision of coming to Canada and will probably go to school to take a canadian credential.

I am not sure why Canadian govt is inviting so many immigrants when they do not recognize our credentials. What does it mean, you qualify as a skilled worker when your skills are not considered at par or even half way with the canadian credentials. A doctor is not a doctor here even if he/she comes with a 25 years of experience. They have to study again for 5-6 years to work as a doctor here. A report said around 250 doctors drive taxis in Toronto area only, not sure about how many are there in other provinces and cities. A recent report said, quarter of a million immigrated as PR in 2012, and every year this many people immigrate. Some like me get frustrated when they dont get jobs or even called for interviews. Meaning you are rejected even before interview just seeing that you are a foreign trained worker.

I have to stop here...i can write a book on this but discouraging you is not my intention. If someone finds anything positive in this, good luck and get ready for a roller coaster.

amitsmeet said:
if u dont mind, can u narrate it, will be helpful for me as well as other fellow members, only if u wish...

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, urs is a very heartening story, I have heard from many exp guys that Canadian Education is a must, U r a CA urself??

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
No. As I said, I did my B.com and got job in another field. Even CAs cannot work as CA. They have to take a few tests before doing so and have to get registered with canadian CA's association. But i would certainly say CAs would have an edge over other accountants who do not have this credential.

amitsmeet said:
Oh, urs is a very heartening story, I have heard from many exp guys that Canadian Education is a must, U r a CA urself??

ashokp23

Star Member
May 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Rocking....
Thanx for sharing your experience.....
Hope oneday you will come out with Good Job and Comfort living there..
Everyone of us need to realise the ground reality that you need to start from scatch
even though you are well qualified and experienced in your own profession and country you may not be getting into your profession in Canada.... Need to go extra mile to get recognised
You may/will not know how long it would take to get the first light in your NEW LIFE there.....
Even its RISKY but some people say its REWARDING......
Its upto INDIVIDUALS perception and decision to go through the ROUGH patch during our LIFE journey reach out DESTINY
GOD BLESS US ALL
GOOD LUCK
ASHOK
:)