+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address is different on Port of Entry Letter as compared to the passport and other documents.

woozy

Mar 22, 2023
Hello all,

I have got a student visa stamped on my passport.

My passport's address is a permanent address (mailing address) but the address on my port of entry Letter is my temporary/residential address where I have been working.

My Letter of Acceptance has everything matching (address too) word by word as my passport details but the address on my Biometrics Letter and Port of Entry is this temporary one.

Will it cause any hurdles during immigration at the time of entry to Canada?

Has anyone faced the same or knows someone who has faced similar issue?

What else Can I do now...Can this be corrected?

Reactions: BalaKCB

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
When I entered Canada, the CBSA officer checked my Port of Entry letter, Passport, Designated Learning institution details and admission letter. They will ask questions related to that. I'm sure the different addresses on your documents will not matter. You have a valid explanation if they ask anyway. So don't worry.

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Hello all,

I have got a student visa stamped on my passport.

My passport's address is a permanent address (mailing address) but the address on my port of entry Letter is my temporary/residential address where I have been working.

My Letter of Acceptance has everything matching (address too) word by word as my passport details but the address on my Biometrics Letter and Port of Entry is this temporary one.

Will it cause any hurdles during immigration at the time of entry to Canada?

Has anyone faced the same or knows someone who has faced similar issue?

What else Can I do now...Can this be corrected?
My husband and I have the exact same problem. Our permanent address mentioned in the passport is different from our current address, where we work. Our POE letters have the current address. I would like to know from more people whether they have similar experience and have faced any issue at the airport.... thanks