+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address history

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
How should I fill the address history if I am residing outside my country of origin for 12 years?
I stay in that address only few weeks per year during vacations (I mentioned those in travel history) and it's stated in my passport and national ID.

1- Should I mention only my addresses in country of residence? In this case PCC will be required only for country of residence.

2- Mention the address in home country from the date I resided in (15 years ago) and end at the date I left my country?

3- mention the address in home country from the date I resided in till the last vacation I spent?

Please help!

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
But they said for the last 10 years only. I also understood from one consultant that what we put in travel history we dont mention it in address history is that correct?

Also how shall I put my address in my home country? I tried to make it current but the app doesn't accept 2 current addresses so I have to put a date in which I left this address.
Any of options 2 or 3 would work?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
But they said for the last 10 years only. I also understood from one consultant that what we put in travel history we dont mention it in address history is that correct?

Also how shall I put my address in my home country? I tried to make it current but the app doesn't accept 2 current addresses so I have to put a date in which I left this address.
Any of options 2 or 3 would work?
Yes it is for the past 10 years. From 2011 to this year, how many times did you go back to your birth country for vacation? If more than once, put the same address that many times and the corresponding dates.

For example:
- Current address outside of your country, from 24 October 2011 to June 22 2015
- Address in your country, in 2015 from June 23rd to July 5th
- Current address outside of your country from July 6th till now

Once you enter all the dates, the system will tell you which PCC are required.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
I was going every year so this means 10 times..and I put this in travel history so i think i shouldn't put addresses for what I mentioned in travel history. Is there any other way? Because if I don't put this address no PCC is requested for my home country and I think this is not correct.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You don't need a PCC for any country you didn't spend at least 6 months consecutively in.

Your address history only comprises of your primary residential addresses where you were living on a long term basis.

You don't have to put an address where you were living temporarily in, if you had a permanent address elsewhere.

This is what i understand, if you live permanently at address A in country B, if you go to visit country C and live at address D, address D is not included in your address history because you only visited there.

However, it depends on the length of time, if you stayed there for a long period then you should put it in your residential history.

Your PCC request will get generated based on the length of time you were somewhere, not necessarily based on where you were residing permanently only.

Last edited:

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
You don't need a PCC for any country you didn't spend at least 6 months consecutively in.

Your address history only comprises of your primary residential addresses where you were living on a long term basis.

You don't have to put an address where you were living temporarily in, if you had a permanent address elsewhere.

This is what i understand, if you live permanently at address A in country B, if you go to visit country C and live at address D, address D is not included in your address history because you only visited there.

However, it depends on the length of time, if you stayed there for a long period then you should put it in your residential history.

Your PCC request will get generated based on the length of time you were somewhere, not necessarily based on where you were residing permanently only.
This applies to home country as well? Because I heard that officers will eventually request PCC form country of origin anyway? I usually spend 4-5 weeks every year.