+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Within the same country, stick to your permanent address. If you've traveled on a short trip, no point adding that as a separate line item. If you moved cities within the same country, that can be added as an additional line item.

If you took a vacation outside your country of usual residence, that wouldn't be a separate line item. If you lived in another country besides your country of usual residence, mention the address in that other country for that duration.

Prasurjya09

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Within the same country, stick to your permanent address. If you've traveled on a short trip, no point adding that as a separate line item. If you moved cities within the same country, that can be added as an additional line item.

If you took a vacation outside your country of usual residence, that wouldn't be a separate line item. If you lived in another country besides your country of usual residence, mention the address in that other country for that duration.
Hi Asivad...I have moved around 4 cities in my country over the last 10yrs. If I mention all of those, will CIC ask for PCC for all those addresses or any other document relating to those?

Please help to clarify my doubt!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prasurjya09 said:
Hi Asivad...I have moved around 4 cities in my country over the last 10yrs. If I mention all of those, will CIC ask for PCC for all those addresses or any other document relating to those?

Please help to clarify my doubt!!
Not at all. PCC is for the entire country. No documents will be needed for travel history/multiple addresses within the same country.

Reactions: neotravel

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse has my permanent address on the passport but not stayed there....will cic object as to your work address being differnt from one mentioned in passport.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Right. So this is just address history of where you lived - vacations and business trips abroad don't count and you need not to disclose them, do you? Mind you, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, but reading some other threads made me slightly confused regarding this point :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
Right. So this is just address history of where you lived - vacations and business trips abroad don't count and you need not to disclose them, do you? Mind you, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, but reading some other threads made me slightly confused regarding this point :)
That would be under Travel history. Here it is just the addresses.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That would be under Travel history. Here it is just the addresses.
Oh Ok. I'm thinking too far ahead. Didn't realise there's a travel history as well. Thanks :)

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad, is it necessary to have a proof for the address you have stayed?

I only have proof for my permanent address(one on my passport).

What is the purpose of requesting address history? Is this for PCC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemi427 said:
Hi Asivad, is it necessary to have a proof for the address you have stayed?

I only have proof for my permanent address(one on my passport).

What is the purpose of requesting address history? Is this for PCC?
No proof required. You're correct, address & travel history goes along with PCC.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
My spouse has lived in various address in two cities in the same country (including college hostel). Currently we are living in the permanent address which is also mentioned on the passport( past 4 yrs 11 months). So do we need to show all the address in address history?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
My spouse has lived in various address in two cities in the same country (including college hostel). Currently we are living in the permanent address which is also mentioned on the passport( past 4 yrs 11 months). So do we need to show all the address in address history?

Thanks
No harm but not necessary as the residence was in the sane country.

spacevash

Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed Feb 13, 2016
Asivad Anac said:

Thank you for this information. However, I have one question.

I moved a lot within a city, I do not remember couple of apartment numbers but building name and address. Is Apartment number Vital?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spacevash said:
Thank you for this information. However, I have one question.

I moved a lot within a city, I do not remember couple of apartment numbers but building name and address. Is Apartment number Vital?
No.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
My husband stayed in Canada for three months on Business Visa. We have included this in travel history.
Should it be mentioned in personal history and in address history?

Thank you in advance