+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address history issue while living in different company arranged guesthouses and hotels

HuffnPuff

Aug 17, 2019
Hello everyone,

I lived in country A for more than a year. I mostly worked on offshore rigs. I used to stay on the rig for around 5 weeks and then come to the town and stay in the town for around 6 days. This used to happen at regular intervals. Every 12 weeks I used to come to India for a short time off of two weeks.

Everytime, I came in town, I used to stay in different company guesthouses and sometimes in hotels as well. However, the base location ( office address ) where I used to work while in town was always fixed. Also, even while working on offshore rigs, the operation was controlled from the office address that was fixed.

There was no lease between myself and the landlord as the guest house was company arranged.

Then I moved to country B. In this country, my address was fixed and the office address was fixed as well. However, there was no lease between myself and the landlord as the accommodation was company provided. The lease was between the landlord and the company.

This is what I have decided to do

a. For country A – Mention the office address and explain in the LOE that the accommodation was company arranged. Hence, no lease between me and the landlord.

b. For country B – Mention the address that I lived ( Not the office address) and explain in the LOE that the accommodation was company arranged. Hence, no lease between me and the landlord.

Could you please comment if my thought process is right.

Please let me know if I should input company address for both countries.

Thank you.