+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address history for soft landing

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hello all,
I have a question that I wanted to ask in order to be aware of the information to be added
I soft landed in Canada for 15 days and went back to attend to some family matters then came back after 8 months.
In those 15 days I stayed in an AirBnB but gave my friends address to the IRCC for the PR Card, In the address history for those days some people suggested to put the AirBnB while others said to put my home address in UAE as in those 15 days I wasnt residing in an address.

1) Should I put my AirBNB and if so, is it fine that it isnt matching with the IRCCs address at that time?
2) Or should i put my UAE address?

Thank you appreciated

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I have a question that I wanted to ask in order to be aware of the information to be added
I soft landed in Canada for 15 days and went back to attend to some family matters then came back after 8 months.
In those 15 days I stayed in an AirBnB but gave my friends address to the IRCC for the PR Card, In the address history for those days some people suggested to put the AirBnB while others said to put my home address in UAE as in those 15 days I wasnt residing in an address.

1) Should I put my AirBNB and if so, is it fine that it isnt matching with the IRCCs address at that time?

Thank you appreciated
I read somewhere that don't put hotel addresses and would suggest to put UAE address.

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I read somewhere that don't put hotel addresses and would suggest to put UAE address.
Yes, thank you for that I guess that will be the right thing.
One more thing regarding the declaration card of the CBSA, when I soft landed I didnt mark myself as visitor and in turn didnt mention the number of days i am staying there and this is because I didnt think that I am a visitor (I dont know maybe it was a mistake) also I checked no in the "resident" section when it asked did you buy anything from outside. Was what I did wrong?, was it misrepresentation ?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, thank you for that I guess that will be the right thing.
One more thing regarding the declaration card of the CBSA, when I soft landed I didnt mark myself as visitor and in turn didnt mention the number of days i am staying there and this is because I didnt think that I am a visitor (I dont know maybe it was a mistake) also I checked no in the "resident" section when it asked did you buy anything from outside. Was what I did wrong?, was it misrepresentation ?
Visitor is for people who have visit visa. By the way what's your local processing office would be?

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Visitor is for people who have visit visa. By the way what's your local processing office would be?
So it wasnt wrong not to put down the number of days i am soft landing there?, I mean this form is done electronically now in terminal 3 and doesnt ask these questions
My processing office as in visa processing office? It was Ottawa

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello all,

Thank you appreciated
Why don’t you write your friend’s address as long as you gave it to IRCC , I think this is better than giving an address in UAE while you was in Canada

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Why don’t you write your friend’s address as long as you gave it to IRCC , I think this is better than giving an address in UAE while you was in Canada
Hey because i didnt actually stay there, my concern is not with IRCCs address for pr card because this is just a correspondence address, they ask for it to send the card, the officer asks "where should we send the card" not where do you live per se. But my concern is the cbsa declaration card where you declare goods, i dont know how serious this card is but in it I declared my address as the same of that of the card becsuse i thought that this is what it means
My concern is if they check it

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
I did the same several years ago. I gave the actual address of the AirBnB like accommodation, although I had a friend's address in a different province as the address for the PR card! Didn't have a problem with the processing of citizenship application 4 years later!

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I did the same several years ago. I gave the actual address of the AirBnB like accommodation, although I had a friend's address in a different province as the address for the PR card! Didn't have a problem with the processing of citizenship application 4 years later!
Hey thank you for your insight thats a relief, alright how about the cbsa declaration card, in that I had also my pr card address and not my airbnb is that an issue?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Hey thank you for your insight thats a relief, alright how about the cbsa declaration card, in that I had also my pr card address and not my airbnb is that an issue?
I had the actual address we were to live in, the AirBnB address. At the immigration, they always ask the address to send the card to, and they never asked how we would be going to Nova Scotia after landing in Toronto! The PR card reached our friend at NovaScotia (I guess, I wouldn't recommend that now with hindsight, though).

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I had the actual address we were to live in, the AirBnB address. At the immigration, they always ask the address to send the card to, and they never asked how we would be going to Nova Scotia after landing in Toronto! The PR card reached our friend at NovaScotia (I guess, I wouldn't recommend that now with hindsight, though).
Yea that my concern the cbsa not the IRCC
In my case both addresses were in Toronto.
But i thought that whats asked in the cbsa form too is the address where the card is sent

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Yea that my concern the cbsa not the IRCC
In my case both addresses were in Toronto.
But i thought that whats asked in the cbsa form too is the address where the card is sent
Hi there!

So how did you fill out the address then? I am in the same boat; I mentioned a friend's address for the PR card and also the CBSA declaration, but stayed at an Airbnb for 2 months. Any advice?

Thank you.